Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Keyboard unresponsive

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Laptops
  • Keyboards
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
November 11, 2012 5:02:56 PM

someone give me some advice? i cant get my keyboard to respond on my other laptop at all, the driver says its working, ive done the uninstall thing and let it re-install still nothing. the keyboard does work in the boot menu. i even plugged a usb keyboard in and the same thing still happens. the keyboard also worked when i restored to the purchase date but it doesn't work on the current data of windows, of witch i need it to work on.

windows home premium 64 bit
SAMSUNG 700G7A

More about : keyboard unresponsive

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2012 5:20:06 PM

the_hitman said:
someone give me some advice? i cant get my keyboard to respond on my other laptop at all, the driver says its working, ive done the uninstall thing and let it re-install still nothing. the keyboard does work in the boot menu. i even plugged a usb keyboard in and the same thing still happens. the keyboard also worked when i restored to the purchase date but it doesn't work on the current data of windows, of witch i need it to work on.

windows home premium 64 bit
SAMSUNG 700G7A




You can sometimes unlock the keyboard by holding down the Ctrl key and then pressing t (let go) n (let go) and then l and let go. KEEP the Ctrl key pressed the entire time.

Have you tried in Safe Mode to see if it lets you in that way
m
0
l
November 11, 2012 5:27:40 PM

danny2000 said:
You can sometimes unlock the keyboard by holding down the Ctrl key and then pressing t (let go) n (let go) and then l and let go. KEEP the Ctrl key pressed the entire time.

Have you tried in Safe Mode to see if it lets you in that way






same problem in safe mode, i also cant use the volume button. holding ctrl and tapping t,t,i didnt work
m
0
l
Related resources
November 11, 2012 5:30:22 PM

t , n , i *
'
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2012 5:31:20 PM

the_hitman said:
same problem in safe mode, i also cant use the volume button. holding ctrl and tapping t,t,i didnt work


it is not an "i", it is a lower-case L as in "l".

1. Ctrl t n l

2. Ctrl c s d is another option

3. ctrl+alt+shift+del all at the same time.
m
0
l
November 11, 2012 5:33:23 PM

danny2000 said:
it is not an "i", it is a lower-case L as in "l".

1. Ctrl t n l

2. Ctrl c s d is another option

3. ctrl+alt+shift+del all at the same time.




tried them , still nothing. :( 
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2012 6:01:29 PM

okay, try turning-off Sticky Keys: press the shift key five times.
m
0
l
November 11, 2012 6:03:42 PM

remember i only have onscreen keyboard, sticky keys are already off
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2012 6:06:33 PM

use your onscreen keyboard to login and use Windows System Restore to go back to a date when it worked; That should owrk.
m
0
l
November 11, 2012 6:09:46 PM

there are no restore points, looked into that option. the computer is like 3 weeks old
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2012 6:24:05 PM

strange. it usually creates one right away.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2012 6:26:20 PM

you made sure that both Sticky Keys and Filter keys are both turned-off?
m
0
l
November 11, 2012 6:33:18 PM

yes
m
0
l
!