Hershey GameRoom Expo 2005...cool stuff happening!

The 2nd annual Hershey GameRoom Expo is being held Dec 9-11. The show
is moving to the Hersheypark Arena, a much larger venue than last year.
This is very exciting...we had over 2500 people attend last year and
our goal is 5000 this year.

There will be plenty of activity all weekend which should make it lots
of fun for the entire family. You'll actually be able to walk into
HersheyPark from the show which will have certain rides and concessions
open. Plus Chocolate World is next door and Sweet Lights is nearby (a
cool drive-thru light display).

There is room for 105 booths on the main floor. Last year, vendors had
a great selection of pins, jukes, slots, videos, coke machines, 50's
memorabilia, antique cash registers, gas pumps etc. Most of the
original vendors are returning along with several new ones.

There is a decent size room off the main floor which will contain a
free-play pinball area. We are calling it the "Pinball Locker Room"
because....it's actually a locker room. Pretty creative, huh?

Anyway, we want to fill the room with 30-40 pins set on free play.
Individuals wishing to participate may bring in 3-4 pins and receive 1
free admission for each machine. You will have to register in advance.
Pins can be for sale or play only. Your choice. If for sale, sold
machines may not leave the locker room until 1 hour before close, or
you will be charged a small fee. There's also going to be a small
collection of Pre-War pins (1930's-early 1940's) which I personally
enjoy. Because of the difficulty of putting them on free play and the
fragile nature of most of them, these machines can be just for display.

I'm working with Ripley's Believe it Or Not to produce a cool limited
edition Hershey GameRoom/Ripley's tshirt for the show. The artist, who
draws the daily Ripley's comic strip, is creating the shirt and he will
be at the show all weekend. I'm hoping to have a few Ripley's pins near
him along with a working Hercules machine, the largest pin ever made.
He will be selling and autographing a new book that Ripley's is putting
out this fall. He'll probably autograph your tshirt if you ask him
nicely. Fun stuff!

General admission to the show will be $8 adults, $5 kids. Parking for
the show is free. Normally Hershey charges $5-$7 per vehicle but I had
it waived for the show. Nice!

Please contact me if you are interested in displaying pins or want a
booth. Or just want to talk about the show. I'll give you all the
details.

Thanks,

Jimmy Rosen
Old Sled Works/Hershey GameRoom Expo
717-834-9333

I attended the Hershey show last year and it was worth
the 4 hour drive for me. I bought some items for my
gameroom that I did not expect to find and I had a great
time at the show. I have never been in the Hershey Arena
but I have stood next to it many times and it looks to
be a very large building. I can easily imagine this year's
show topping last year's show. I am a pinball hobbyist
but I am always looking for neato gameroom items as pinball
is not the only class of machine featured in my gameroom,
it's just the most prevalent one. Jimmy's show is one show
that I will not miss.
Don