aliengmr

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2003
I have an athlon k7-550,in a ms6167 mobo.can i use a k7-800
thunderbird?if so what do i set my bios to?
thanks, aliengmr

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Umm.. I believe that motherboard uses the old 'Slot-A' for connecting the processor, and IIRC the thunderbird was never made in that form, only for socket A. It's possible that someone manufactures an adapter, but you'd probably be better off buying a new mobo and an athlon XP or Duron.

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I believe most Slot-A boards didn't support Thunderbirds, but since a few did, your best chance to find out is to look at MSI's website.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

aliengmr

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2003
Thanks for reply,the board is printed ms6167 ver:1, i don't know if that will help.it will bootup but stops at the memory testing.i also don't know if it's an authentic TB.