Using MN 700 With NetMeeting

steven

I am using MN 700 with DSL connection and have an address
with Dynip to resoleve to a name I need to use NetMeeting
to share my desktop How do I make this work. Caller
recieves following message "Party you are calling unable
to accept calls" any ideas?

Steven wrote:
> I am using MN 700 with DSL connection and have an address
> with Dynip to resoleve to a name I need to use NetMeeting
> to share my desktop How do I make this work. Caller
> recieves following message "Party you are calling unable
> to accept calls" any ideas?

If all you need is to share the desktop forwarding tcp 1503 to the machine
whose desktop you want to share and calling the wan IP of the router should
be enough.

I am not sure about the dynamic IP service you are using. If it has some
mechanism for accounting for that fact that you are behind a router it might
work as well.

(this all assumes that the dsl modem is not also a NAT i.e. the wan IP of
the router is a public IP).

--
Brian Sullivan
Meeting by Wire ( http://www.meetingbywire.com)

joker

You need to use the DMZ to even stand a chance of using that old piece
of software with the Microsoft routers.

This is because it will at random pick a port number ranging from in the
1000-65535 (I may be slightly off on the exact range used by NetMeeting).

This makes persistent port forwarding impossible for the MN-700 since
they limited the number of ports you can forward at one time on the
MN-700 from what I have heard.

So put the computer in the DMZ & pray that it works, because that is all
Microsoft has to offer on this issue.

Better yet switch over to the software Microsoft wants you to use instead.

That is to say start using MSN messenger 6.

Steven wrote:

> I am using MN 700 with DSL connection and have an address
> with Dynip to resoleve to a name I need to use NetMeeting
> to share my desktop How do I make this work. Caller
> recieves following message "Party you are calling unable
> to accept calls" any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS