Set up Raid 0 in windows7 home premium?

bode5123

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Hello,
I'm trying to set up a Raid 0 on two 74gb WD 10,000 rpm hard drives using Windows 7 home premium 64bit OS which is currently running on a WD 250gb HD. My system is: Intel dual2 E8500 CPU, 8gb Patriot Viper PC2-8500 ram,EP43-UD3L Gigabyte mobo, and a total of about 2.25 TB.

Here is my problem: I go to My Computer and right click, select Manage, Disk Management then find the two 74gb HD's and when I stripe them they automatically get converted to Dynamic disk. I move them in the bios to the 1st position or C and try to install Windows 7 to them but get a message that Win 7 can;t be installed on a dynamic disk??? Everything I have read makes it sound simple...

I'm disabled and on a fixed income and can't afford to hire a tech, can someone please help???? Also bare in mind that I'm a novice at this stuff so please speak in simple terms...
Thanks
Brad

Setup your raid0 from Bios, not the operating system. For they specifics would need to know Motherboard. Look at your motherboard manual, if missplaced go to manuf websit and download the PDF file and do a search for Raid0 (On mine I think it is Cntr I during boot. In bios you can select size of partition (You would probably want all) and then select strip size (normaqlly just select default which is 64 KB).

Should have no problem installing operating system.

G

The simplest answer dynamic volumes only work inside the os so if you want a bootable raid you must use the controller on the MB if you want a stripe or mirror that is not part of the boot you can use dynamic volumes in windows

i am sure some genius figured out a way to make it work with some software .... but good luck with that