Can a Graphic card be damaged by x-ray ???

apoorvnaik

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Hello,
I have ordered a MSI GeForce GTS250 card from the US . I wonder if the x-ray scanning damages the card or not . Coz last time I ordered a card and got it , it didn't work .

Solution
No, in general PC components will not be harmed by X-Rays. Look at it this way, with all of the x-ray scanners in air ports these days and the millions of people who have to put their bags through it, some or most with laptops and such, you would probably hear a lot about such electronics failing. This is obviously not the case. I wouldn't worry. Last time you probably received a faulty card or it was damaged in transit.
No, in general PC components will not be harmed by X-Rays. Look at it this way, with all of the x-ray scanners in air ports these days and the millions of people who have to put their bags through it, some or most with laptops and such, you would probably hear a lot about such electronics failing. This is obviously not the case. I wouldn't worry. Last time you probably received a faulty card or it was damaged in transit.

Solution

apoorvnaik

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010

Thnks mate . I hope this time I get a good working card :bounce:
Glad that I did get a sensible and concise reply.