Hiding Partitions from limited access Users - XP PRO

I'm looking to hide my business and accounts partitions from the
limited user accounts on my XP Pro accounts.
I know there's a way of doing this, but I cannot for the life of me
remember how to do it.
4 answers Last reply
More about hiding partitions limited access users

    Download and install TweakUI:

    Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)

    After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
    TweakUI. Expand 'My Computer', click on 'Drives', then uncheck the
    drives you wish to hide.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    <info@richcowell.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to hide my business and accounts partitions from the
    > limited user accounts on my XP Pro accounts.
    > I know there's a way of doing this, but I cannot for the life of me
    > remember how to do it.

    <info@richcowell.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to hide my business and accounts partitions from the
    > limited user accounts on my XP Pro accounts.
    > I know there's a way of doing this, but I cannot for the life of me
    > remember how to do it.

    Just deny the users access. You'll need to turn off simple file sharing, and
    the folders won't be hidden, but the users won't be able to access them.

    info@richcowell.co.uk wrote:
    > I'm looking to hide my business and accounts partitions from the
    > limited user accounts on my XP Pro accounts.
    > I know there's a way of doing this, but I cannot for the life of me
    > remember how to do it.

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
    Folders
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q308419

    HOW TO Set the My Documents Folder as Private in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399

    Of course, if you have WinXP Pro, you can encrypt the desired
    files/folders.

    Best Practices for Encrypting File System
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223316

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: