Just Curious: Are there ANY Gottlieb SS Owners From the 19..

Last response: in Video Games
July 23, 2005 8:59:38 AM

What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but just
a little down the list.

TexasSteven
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 10:00:52 AM

I have had a few Gottlieb system 80's! I currently have a Black Hole
and Haunted House sitting side by side. They are my favorite pair of
early Gottlieb system 80's. Both are in great shape and have been
completely bullet-proofed. Great games to both play and look at. I
actually enjoy working on the System 80's. I recently sold a real nice
Volcano to my step sister, that is a fun game!
I would love to have a Devil's Dare, and would kill to have a Krull!
-Mark

Steve B. wrote:
> I've got a few: Joker Poker, Sinbad, Close Encounters, & Buck Rogers. I
> also had a Jacks to Open and a Cleopatra. Of the bunch, Joker Poker is my
> favorite.
>
> (Actually, I think I'm going to sell the CEOTK to make room for my next
> project).
>
> - Steve B.
>

> "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> > What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
> > Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
> > just a little down the list.
> >
> > TexasSteven

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 11:31:23 AM

My favorite System 1 would have to be Genie, Count-Down and Sinbad tied
for second. Favorite System 80 is Black Hole. Finally, favorite
System 80A is Ice Fever, however, Spirit and Devil's Dare are both
80A's, and I haven't tried either yet.

Current Gottliebs owned from that era: Sinbad, CE3K, Panthera,
Counterforce, & Touchdown.

Jim
--
flipper [at] pa [dot] net

TexasSteven wrote:
> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but just
> a little down the list.
>
> TexasSteven
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 11:32:30 AM

Yeah we have 3 System 80 games. HH, DDare and IF(1985) Of those DD is
definetly my favorite. I would like a Spirit some day if I can find
one.

John
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 12:36:31 PM

I've got a few: Joker Poker, Sinbad, Close Encounters, & Buck Rogers. I
also had a Jacks to Open and a Cleopatra. Of the bunch, Joker Poker is my
favorite.

(Actually, I think I'm going to sell the CEOTK to make room for my next
project).

- Steve B.

"TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
> just a little down the list.
>
> TexasSteven

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 12:36:33 PM

Pinball Pool. LTG :)

"TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is
Close
> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
just
> a little down the list.
>
> TexasSteven

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 12:36:34 PM

I have played Lloyd's Pinball Pool, and it is an excellent example!

My favorite Gottlieb SS is Black Hole, hands down. Part of it is
sentimental though; it was one of the more popular pin games in the arcade I
worked at as a high school senior, in 1982 (ok, do the math, you can see how
old I am :-). System 80 is an illness of mine; I own Spider-Man, Black
Hole, Haunted House, Big House, and Bone Busters...

Regards,
Dan
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:46:11 PM

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Pinball Pool. LTG :)

That's another good one I'd like to get to know again some day, along with
Countdown.

- Steve B.

> "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
>> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is
> Close
>> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
> just
>> a little down the list.
>>
>> TexasSteven

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:22:37 PM

Play it's modern brother: CBW!

--
Fred
TX

"Steve B." <flippers*no*spam*@sashimi.org> wrote in message news:AcKdnb4b5diD13_fRVn-vQ@comcast.com...

> "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> > Pinball Pool. LTG :)
>
> That's another good one I'd like to get to know again some day, along with
> Countdown.
>
> - Steve B.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:26:21 PM

Joker Poker

steve (cargpb10)
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:29:09 PM

I have 4 system 1 games....Genie, Buck Rogers, Sinbad, and
Cleopatra...currently not working...also had a Totem....was a cool game for
that era... I also have a few system 80's.... Black Hole (great game!),
Haunted House, Mars GOW, Volcano (fun game too!)..system 80A I have a Devils
Dare (good game too!)... guess you could say I'm into the Gottliebs!! LOL
-Terry

"John Pursglove" <jp.pinball@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah we have 3 System 80 games. HH, DDare and IF(1985) Of those DD is
> definetly my favorite. I would like a Spirit some day if I can find
> one.
>
> John

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 6:01:01 PM

System 80 would have to be Black Hole, System 1, I love my Genie.
Would like to get a Joker Poker and maybe a Sinbad some day.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:24:45 PM

The favorite of my Gottliebs of that era is Black Hole.
Oh, wait... that's the only pin I own... still my favorite, though.

df
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:45:58 PM

It's GREAT to see that some of us here love our Gottliebs. As I have said, I
have serveral SS's. But still, I do have some Em's that I played and grew up
with that I cherish as well.

Big Hit
Big Indian
Spin A Card

TexasSteven
Selling a Gottlieb's Countdown
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 9:10:19 PM

To me it'd have to be BH. For play, period sounds, and overall "ooh
aah" visual stimulation. HH is a close second. J.Poker and Sinbad are
my favorite sys 1s.
Id like to have a really nice Spidey.

Del
BH,HH,JP,SB
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 9:35:12 PM

For oooh and aahhs you need a Spirit :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

I've got a Haunted House & a Black Hole - love them both!

Some day a Devil's dare will find it's way to me . . .

Barry Schiffer
--
Please visit my gameroom:
http://home.comcast.net/~barry5327/

Gotta chime in here,

I enjoy my Sinbad, Solar Ride, Spider Man, and (soon to be if all goes
well) Black Hoe!!! as Shaggy and Norm call it!

I have a feeling Black Hole will be my new favorite. Spider Man is my
favorite now, Sinbad almost as well, and Solar Ride is OK.

Have fun, Karl.
July 24, 2005 1:02:15 AM

All my games except one are Gottlieb SS. HH, BH, Volcano & Genie are
the Gottliebs I own and I wouldn't part with any of them. All have
their great points. Embryon is my other game a 1980 Bally.

HH: Best Sound
BH: Best game play
Volcano: Unique with a very challenging multiball--Very fast and fun
Genie: This is the game that hooked me. I love the flow and simplicity
of the play with many shot options and great Art.
Embryon: awsome sound and lights (I know it's not a Gottlieb, but it's
a great SS game.)

Steamer

Steve B. wrote:
> I've got a few: Joker Poker, Sinbad, Close Encounters, & Buck Rogers. I
> also had a Jacks to Open and a Cleopatra. Of the bunch, Joker Poker is my
> favorite.
>
> (Actually, I think I'm going to sell the CEOTK to make room for my next
> project).
>
> - Steve B.
>

> "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> > What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
> > Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
> > just a little down the list.
> >
> > TexasSteven

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:14:29 AM

Haunted House
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:15:38 AM

ROCKY!
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:43:02 AM

Buck Rogers.
-Brian
"llabrevlis" <llabrevlis@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> System 80 would have to be Black Hole, System 1, I love my Genie.
> Would like to get a Joker Poker and maybe a Sinbad some day.

July 24, 2005 3:12:02 AM

I LOVE Sinbad; I wish I had never let mine go. On the other hand, I was
HAPPY to loose my Close Encounters!!

Chris

"TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
> just a little down the list.
>
> TexasSteven

July 24, 2005 5:28:59 AM

Black Hole, Spiderman, Mars:God of War, Circus, Sinbad,
Dragon, Genie, Pinball Pool; all setup and working

also have owned; Countdown, Cave Man, Close Encounters

Yeah, I'm a big fan of series 1 and 80 Gtbs, isn't everyone?!

Steve
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:29:00 AM

You STILL have that Genie, Steve? :p  Just can't bear to sell it? Well,
it IS a beauty :)
Yeah I kinda miss my ol' Cleopatra too. System 1's have soul, man. The
soul of an em!

--
!