Just Curious: Are there ANY Gottlieb SS Owners From the 19..

What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but just
a little down the list.

TexasSteven
24 answers Last reply
More about just curious gottlieb owners

    I have had a few Gottlieb system 80's! I currently have a Black Hole
    and Haunted House sitting side by side. They are my favorite pair of
    early Gottlieb system 80's. Both are in great shape and have been
    completely bullet-proofed. Great games to both play and look at. I
    actually enjoy working on the System 80's. I recently sold a real nice
    Volcano to my step sister, that is a fun game!
    I would love to have a Devil's Dare, and would kill to have a Krull!
    -Mark

    Steve B. wrote:
    > I've got a few: Joker Poker, Sinbad, Close Encounters, & Buck Rogers. I
    > also had a Jacks to Open and a Cleopatra. Of the bunch, Joker Poker is my
    > favorite.
    >
    > (Actually, I think I'm going to sell the CEOTK to make room for my next
    > project).
    >
    > - Steve B.
    >

    > "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
    > > What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
    > > Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
    > > just a little down the list.
    > >
    > > TexasSteven

    My favorite System 1 would have to be Genie, Count-Down and Sinbad tied
    for second. Favorite System 80 is Black Hole. Finally, favorite
    System 80A is Ice Fever, however, Spirit and Devil's Dare are both
    80A's, and I haven't tried either yet.

    Current Gottliebs owned from that era: Sinbad, CE3K, Panthera,
    Counterforce, & Touchdown.

    Jim
    --
    flipper [at] pa [dot] net

    TexasSteven wrote:
    > What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
    > Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but just
    > a little down the list.
    >
    > TexasSteven

    Yeah we have 3 System 80 games. HH, DDare and IF(1985) Of those DD is
    definetly my favorite. I would like a Spirit some day if I can find
    one.

    John

    I've got a few: Joker Poker, Sinbad, Close Encounters, & Buck Rogers. I
    also had a Jacks to Open and a Cleopatra. Of the bunch, Joker Poker is my
    favorite.

    (Actually, I think I'm going to sell the CEOTK to make room for my next
    project).

    - Steve B.

    "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
    > What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
    > Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
    > just a little down the list.
    >
    > TexasSteven

    Pinball Pool. LTG :)

    "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
    > What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is
    Close
    > Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
    just
    > a little down the list.
    >
    > TexasSteven

    I have played Lloyd's Pinball Pool, and it is an excellent example!

    My favorite Gottlieb SS is Black Hole, hands down. Part of it is
    sentimental though; it was one of the more popular pin games in the arcade I
    worked at as a high school senior, in 1982 (ok, do the math, you can see how
    old I am :-). System 80 is an illness of mine; I own Spider-Man, Black
    Hole, Haunted House, Big House, and Bone Busters...

    Regards,
    Dan

    "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
    > Pinball Pool. LTG :)

    That's another good one I'd like to get to know again some day, along with
    Countdown.

    - Steve B.

    > "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
    >> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is
    > Close
    >> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
    > just
    >> a little down the list.
    >>
    >> TexasSteven

    Play it's modern brother: CBW!

    --
    Fred
    TX

    "Steve B." <flippers*no*spam*@sashimi.org> wrote in message news:AcKdnb4b5diD13_fRVn-vQ@comcast.com...

    > "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
    > > Pinball Pool. LTG :)
    >
    > That's another good one I'd like to get to know again some day, along with
    > Countdown.
    >
    > - Steve B.

    Joker Poker

    steve (cargpb10)

    I have 4 system 1 games....Genie, Buck Rogers, Sinbad, and
    Cleopatra...currently not working...also had a Totem....was a cool game for
    that era... I also have a few system 80's.... Black Hole (great game!),
    Haunted House, Mars GOW, Volcano (fun game too!)..system 80A I have a Devils
    Dare (good game too!)... guess you could say I'm into the Gottliebs!! LOL
    -Terry

    "John Pursglove" <jp.pinball@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Yeah we have 3 System 80 games. HH, DDare and IF(1985) Of those DD is
    > definetly my favorite. I would like a Spirit some day if I can find
    > one.
    >
    > John

    System 80 would have to be Black Hole, System 1, I love my Genie.
    Would like to get a Joker Poker and maybe a Sinbad some day.

    The favorite of my Gottliebs of that era is Black Hole.
    Oh, wait... that's the only pin I own... still my favorite, though.

    df

    It's GREAT to see that some of us here love our Gottliebs. As I have said, I
    have serveral SS's. But still, I do have some Em's that I played and grew up
    with that I cherish as well.

    Big Hit
    Big Indian
    Spin A Card

    TexasSteven
    Selling a Gottlieb's Countdown

    To me it'd have to be BH. For play, period sounds, and overall "ooh
    aah" visual stimulation. HH is a close second. J.Poker and Sinbad are
    my favorite sys 1s.
    Id like to have a really nice Spidey.

    Del
    BH,HH,JP,SB

    For oooh and aahhs you need a Spirit :)

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    I've got a Haunted House & a Black Hole - love them both!

    Some day a Devil's dare will find it's way to me . . .

    Barry Schiffer
    --
    Please visit my gameroom:
    http://home.comcast.net/~barry5327/

    Gotta chime in here,

    I enjoy my Sinbad, Solar Ride, Spider Man, and (soon to be if all goes
    well) Black Hoe!!! as Shaggy and Norm call it!

    I have a feeling Black Hole will be my new favorite. Spider Man is my
    favorite now, Sinbad almost as well, and Solar Ride is OK.

    Have fun, Karl.

    All my games except one are Gottlieb SS. HH, BH, Volcano & Genie are
    the Gottliebs I own and I wouldn't part with any of them. All have
    their great points. Embryon is my other game a 1980 Bally.

    HH: Best Sound
    BH: Best game play
    Volcano: Unique with a very challenging multiball--Very fast and fun
    Genie: This is the game that hooked me. I love the flow and simplicity
    of the play with many shot options and great Art.
    Embryon: awsome sound and lights (I know it's not a Gottlieb, but it's
    a great SS game.)

    Steamer

    Steve B. wrote:
    > I've got a few: Joker Poker, Sinbad, Close Encounters, & Buck Rogers. I
    > also had a Jacks to Open and a Cleopatra. Of the bunch, Joker Poker is my
    > favorite.
    >
    > (Actually, I think I'm going to sell the CEOTK to make room for my next
    > project).
    >
    > - Steve B.
    >

    > "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
    > > What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
    > > Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
    > > just a little down the list.
    > >
    > > TexasSteven

    Haunted House

    ROCKY!

    Buck Rogers.
    -Brian
    "llabrevlis" <llabrevlis@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > System 80 would have to be Black Hole, System 1, I love my Genie.
    > Would like to get a Joker Poker and maybe a Sinbad some day.

    I LOVE Sinbad; I wish I had never let mine go. On the other hand, I was
    HAPPY to loose my Close Encounters!!

    Chris

    "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
    > What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
    > Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
    > just a little down the list.
    >
    > TexasSteven

    Black Hole, Spiderman, Mars:God of War, Circus, Sinbad,
    Dragon, Genie, Pinball Pool; all setup and working

    also have owned; Countdown, Cave Man, Close Encounters

    Yeah, I'm a big fan of series 1 and 80 Gtbs, isn't everyone?!

    Steve

    You STILL have that Genie, Steve? :P Just can't bear to sell it? Well,
    it IS a beauty :)
    Yeah I kinda miss my ol' Cleopatra too. System 1's have soul, man. The
    soul of an em!

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!