Just Curious: Are there ANY Gottlieb SS Owners From the 19..

What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but just
a little down the list.

TexasSteven

I have had a few Gottlieb system 80's! I currently have a Black Hole
and Haunted House sitting side by side. They are my favorite pair of
early Gottlieb system 80's. Both are in great shape and have been
completely bullet-proofed. Great games to both play and look at. I
actually enjoy working on the System 80's. I recently sold a real nice
Volcano to my step sister, that is a fun game!
I would love to have a Devil's Dare, and would kill to have a Krull!
-Mark

Steve B. wrote:
> I've got a few: Joker Poker, Sinbad, Close Encounters, & Buck Rogers. I
> also had a Jacks to Open and a Cleopatra. Of the bunch, Joker Poker is my
> favorite.
>
> (Actually, I think I'm going to sell the CEOTK to make room for my next
> project).
>
> - Steve B.
>

> "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> > What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
> > Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
> > just a little down the list.
> >
> > TexasSteven

My favorite System 1 would have to be Genie, Count-Down and Sinbad tied
for second. Favorite System 80 is Black Hole. Finally, favorite
System 80A is Ice Fever, however, Spirit and Devil's Dare are both
80A's, and I haven't tried either yet.

Current Gottliebs owned from that era: Sinbad, CE3K, Panthera,
Counterforce, & Touchdown.

Jim
--
flipper [at] pa [dot] net

TexasSteven wrote:
> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but just
> a little down the list.
>
> TexasSteven

Yeah we have 3 System 80 games. HH, DDare and IF(1985) Of those DD is
definetly my favorite. I would like a Spirit some day if I can find
one.

John

I've got a few: Joker Poker, Sinbad, Close Encounters, & Buck Rogers. I
also had a Jacks to Open and a Cleopatra. Of the bunch, Joker Poker is my
favorite.

(Actually, I think I'm going to sell the CEOTK to make room for my next
project).

- Steve B.

"TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
> just a little down the list.
>
> TexasSteven

Pinball Pool. LTG :)

"TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is
Close
> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
just
> a little down the list.
>
> TexasSteven

I have played Lloyd's Pinball Pool, and it is an excellent example!

My favorite Gottlieb SS is Black Hole, hands down. Part of it is
sentimental though; it was one of the more popular pin games in the arcade I
worked at as a high school senior, in 1982 (ok, do the math, you can see how
old I am :). System 80 is an illness of mine; I own Spider-Man, Black
Hole, Haunted House, Big House, and Bone Busters...

Regards,
Dan

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Pinball Pool. LTG :)

That's another good one I'd like to get to know again some day, along with
Countdown.

- Steve B.

> "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
>> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is
> Close
>> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
> just
>> a little down the list.
>>
>> TexasSteven

Play it's modern brother: CBW!

--
Fred
TX

"Steve B." <flippers*no*spam*@sashimi.org> wrote in message news:AcKdnb4b5diD13_fRVn-vQ@comcast.com...

> "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> > Pinball Pool. LTG :)
>
> That's another good one I'd like to get to know again some day, along with
> Countdown.
>
> - Steve B.

I have 4 system 1 games....Genie, Buck Rogers, Sinbad, and
Cleopatra...currently not working...also had a Totem....was a cool game for
that era... I also have a few system 80's.... Black Hole (great game!),
Haunted House, Mars GOW, Volcano (fun game too!)..system 80A I have a Devils
Dare (good game too!)... guess you could say I'm into the Gottliebs!! LOL
-Terry

"John Pursglove" <jp.pinball@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah we have 3 System 80 games. HH, DDare and IF(1985) Of those DD is
> definetly my favorite. I would like a Spirit some day if I can find
> one.
>
> John

System 80 would have to be Black Hole, System 1, I love my Genie.
Would like to get a Joker Poker and maybe a Sinbad some day.

The favorite of my Gottliebs of that era is Black Hole.
Oh, wait... that's the only pin I own... still my favorite, though.

df

It's GREAT to see that some of us here love our Gottliebs. As I have said, I
have serveral SS's. But still, I do have some Em's that I played and grew up
with that I cherish as well.

Big Hit
Big Indian
Spin A Card

TexasSteven
Selling a Gottlieb's Countdown

To me it'd have to be BH. For play, period sounds, and overall "ooh
aah" visual stimulation. HH is a close second. J.Poker and Sinbad are
my favorite sys 1s.
Id like to have a really nice Spidey.

Del
BH,HH,JP,SB

For oooh and aahhs you need a Spirit :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

I've got a Haunted House & a Black Hole - love them both!

Some day a Devil's dare will find it's way to me . . .

Barry Schiffer
--
Please visit my gameroom:
http://home.comcast.net/~barry5327/

karl

Gotta chime in here,

I enjoy my Sinbad, Solar Ride, Spider Man, and (soon to be if all goes
well) Black Hoe!!! as Shaggy and Norm call it!

I have a feeling Black Hole will be my new favorite. Spider Man is my
favorite now, Sinbad almost as well, and Solar Ride is OK.

Have fun, Karl.

Steamer

All my games except one are Gottlieb SS. HH, BH, Volcano & Genie are
the Gottliebs I own and I wouldn't part with any of them. All have
their great points. Embryon is my other game a 1980 Bally.

HH: Best Sound
BH: Best game play
Volcano: Unique with a very challenging multiball--Very fast and fun
Genie: This is the game that hooked me. I love the flow and simplicity
of the play with many shot options and great Art.
Embryon: awsome sound and lights (I know it's not a Gottlieb, but it's
a great SS game.)

Steamer

Steve B. wrote:
> I've got a few: Joker Poker, Sinbad, Close Encounters, & Buck Rogers. I
> also had a Jacks to Open and a Cleopatra. Of the bunch, Joker Poker is my
> favorite.
>
> (Actually, I think I'm going to sell the CEOTK to make room for my next
> project).
>
> - Steve B.
>

> "TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> > What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
> > Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
> > just a little down the list.
> >
> > TexasSteven

Buck Rogers.
-Brian
"llabrevlis" <llabrevlis@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> System 80 would have to be Black Hole, System 1, I love my Genie.
> Would like to get a Joker Poker and maybe a Sinbad some day.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I LOVE Sinbad; I wish I had never let mine go. On the other hand, I was
HAPPY to loose my Close Encounters!!

Chris

"TexasSteven" <rothrock@stic.net> wrote in message
> What is YOUR favorite Solid State Gottlieb (1977-84) Mine is Close
> Encounters of The 3rd Kind (2nd would be Genie) Joker Poker is too but
> just a little down the list.
>
> TexasSteven

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Black Hole, Spiderman, Mars:God of War, Circus, Sinbad,
Dragon, Genie, Pinball Pool; all setup and working

also have owned; Countdown, Cave Man, Close Encounters

Yeah, I'm a big fan of series 1 and 80 Gtbs, isn't everyone?!

Steve

You STILL have that Genie, Steve? :p Just can't bear to sell it? Well,
it IS a beauty :)
Yeah I kinda miss my ol' Cleopatra too. System 1's have soul, man. The
soul of an em!