Renton

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005

My friend has managed to lose the standard toolbar on all folder windows
including Control Panel. It appears as though the toolbar is minimised
vertically, but although the double-arrow pointer appears under the window
title bar, it can't be dragged down.

Hello,

Right click on an empty area below the title bar in any explorer window and uncheck 'Lock the
toolbars'. Thereafter you can resize/rearrange any of the toolbars in the explorer window.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Renton" <Renton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My friend has managed to lose the standard toolbar on all folder windows
> including Control Panel. It appears as though the toolbar is minimised
> vertically, but although the double-arrow pointer appears under the window
> title bar, it can't be dragged down.

Chas

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

"Renton" <Renton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My friend has managed to lose the standard toolbar on all folder windows
> including Control Panel. It appears as though the toolbar is minimised
> vertically, but although the double-arrow pointer appears under the window
> title bar, it can't be dragged down.

Hi
click "view">toolbars and uncheck "lock the toolbars"
then try to drag it
chas