  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:21:21 AM

I'm thinking about buying a CV.

I would like to know if it's a good pin to collect ? I currently own TAF,
IJ, TZ, T2 and BSD..
How does it compare to these ?

More about : good

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:21:22 AM

>I would like to know if it's a good pin to collect ?

good title depending on the price

>I currently own TAF, IJ, TZ, T2 and BSD..
>How does it compare to these ?

I think it is better than at least half of what you have. The home rom
helps a lot. Get the plastic protectors too.

Kirb
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:21:22 AM

I just picked up a HUO CV and it is one of the most beautiful pins
there is. Absolutely stunning. Truly a work of art.

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

pninja005 wrote:
> I'm thinking about buying a CV.
>
> I would like to know if it's a good pin to collect ? I currently own TAF,
> IJ, TZ, T2 and BSD..
> How does it compare to these ?
July 24, 2005 1:21:22 AM

Go for it. It's one of my favorites. Super fast, not too easy, Always
fun to play.

Mike
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:21:22 AM

I bought mine new. I like it, not my favorite game, but a good game. It
takes more maintenence to keep working correctly than most, at least
that's been my experience with it.
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:21:22 AM

Buy it. I've only got two pins (this and a ToM) and I absolutely love
it. Great game, tons of challenges. Agree with kirb though, you have to
get the 2.0H roms to fully enjoy the game. Cheers,

-d
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:21:22 AM

I have had mine for a year still keeps me interested good ruleset
compaired to most games of same era which I think gives it more staying
power.
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:21:23 AM

AWESOME GAME! People use to hate it here on RGP...but it has gained a
following. Be sure to invest in the home roms.

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 3:21:28 AM

Yes, it's quite a bit of fun.

Fairly easy to be rid of if you
don't like it, too.

--
Fred
TX

"pninja005" <pninja005@hotmail.com> wrote

> I'm thinking about buying a CV.
>
> I would like to know if it's a good pin to collect ? I currently own TAF,
> IJ, TZ, T2 and BSD..
> How does it compare to these ?

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 10:46:20 AM

Awsome game, be prepared to have some maintenance issues tho', It can
be problematic..
Jess
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 12:27:15 PM

I wouldn't buy one unless it was really cheap. Don't care for the game
at all.
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:14:35 PM

Just the regular stuff, occasional burnt coils, broken plastics, wires
breaking off, the game specific slingshot assms falling apart,shorted
driver transistors, bad solder connections on the lamp boards ect. Some
lamps are hard to get to to replace and of course these always burn out
first. Same basic idea as any WPC game, but for some reason takes more
effort than others. Don't know exactly why?
pninja005 wrote:
> What maintenance are people talking about ?
> My other pins don't seem to require any maintenance ??
>

> <T_bohns@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Awsome game, be prepared to have some maintenance issues tho', It can
> > be problematic..
> > Jess

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 1:25:48 PM

>What maintenance are people talking about ?

Ball traps can be an issue, ringmaster is sometimes a problem (not very
often), but the largest headache for me was the highwire lock switches.
Putting new ones in and setting it up right is a must.

My CV isn't any more problematic than other games I have.

Kirb
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 9:37:33 PM