I have two computers, one I use at home has XP HE with SP2, the other a
laptop with XP Prof and SP2 I use on the road. Is there someway I can
export a copy of the "saved passwords file" from the home computer to
import it on my laptop.

Thanks for any guidance.
Don Jacobs

In news:eoDacKYrFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Donald Jacobs <donaldjacobs@sprintmail.com> typed:

> I have two computers, one I use at home has XP HE with SP2, the
> other
> a laptop with XP Prof and SP2 I use on the road. Is there
> someway I
> can export a copy of the "saved passwords file" from the home
> computer to import it on my laptop.

Answered in another newsgroup. Please do not send the same
message separately to more than one newsgroup (called
multiposting). Doing so just fragments the thread, so someone who
answers in one newsgroup doesn't get to see answers from others
in another newsgroup. And for those who read all the newsgroups
the message is multiposted to, they see the message multiple
times instead of once (they would see it only once if you
crossposted instead).

If you must send the same message to more than one newsgroup,
please do so by crossposting (but only to a *few* related
newsgroups).

Please reply to the newsgroup

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:53:55 -0700, "Ken Blake"
<kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote:

>Answered in another newsgroup. Please do not send the same
>message separately to more than one newsgroup (called
>multiposting). Doing so just fragments the thread, so someone who
>answers in one newsgroup doesn't get to see answers from others
>in another newsgroup. And for those who read all the newsgroups
>the message is multiposted to, they see the message multiple
>times instead of once (they would see it only once if you
>crossposted instead).
>
>If you must send the same message to more than one newsgroup,
>please do so by crossposting (but only to a *few* related
>newsgroups).

Hear, hear!

A good explanation of the issues (to save retyping this for this
Frequently Arising Situation) is at

http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html
"What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple
newsgroups?"

A somewhat lengthier one is at
"Why and how to crosspost".

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

TRENDING THREADS