TO BLOCK ANY DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL IN XP?

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR SHOW ME HOW TO BLOCK OR STOP ANY DOWNLOADING TO MY HARD
DISK?
WE ARE 4 USERS AND I DONT WANT ANYONE OF THEM TO DOWNLOAD ANY KIND OF FILES
WHILE I AM AWAY SINCE THE PC BELONGS TO ME?

THANKS.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

If you turn your Caps Lock off we'll help you.
"Ado" <Ado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR SHOW ME HOW TO BLOCK OR STOP ANY DOWNLOADING TO MY
> HARD
> DISK?
> WE ARE 4 USERS AND I DONT WANT ANYONE OF THEM TO DOWNLOAD ANY KIND OF
> FILES
> WHILE I AM AWAY SINCE THE PC BELONGS TO ME?
>
> THANKS.

Chas

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

"Ado" <Ado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR SHOW ME HOW TO BLOCK OR STOP ANY DOWNLOADING TO MY
> HARD
> DISK?
> WE ARE 4 USERS AND I DONT WANT ANYONE OF THEM TO DOWNLOAD ANY KIND OF
> FILES
> WHILE I AM AWAY SINCE THE PC BELONGS TO ME?
>
> THANKS.
you will not get any answers if you shout,please use lower case in news
groups
chas

On 2005-08-30, Chas <charles@prattindustriestheobvious.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:

> "Ado" <Ado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR SHOW ME HOW TO BLOCK OR STOP ANY DOWNLOADING TO MY
>> HARD
>> DISK?
>> WE ARE 4 USERS AND I DONT WANT ANYONE OF THEM TO DOWNLOAD ANY KIND OF
>> FILES
>> WHILE I AM AWAY SINCE THE PC BELONGS TO ME?
>>
>> THANKS.
> you will not get any answers if you shout,please use lower case in news
> groups
> chas

Yup. Never help anyone drowning if they are shouting for help; they
must ask nicely as in pretty please.

JohnSmith

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004

In <E7383FAC-1BAF-44AC-8832-15821A6BCCB4@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?QWRv?= <Ado@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
>CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR SHOW ME HOW TO BLOCK OR STOP ANY DOWNLOADING TO MY HARD
>DISK?
>WE ARE 4 USERS AND I DONT WANT ANYONE OF THEM TO DOWNLOAD ANY KIND OF FILES
>WHILE I AM AWAY SINCE THE PC BELONGS TO ME?
>
>THANKS.

Take it with you.

Ed

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 06:43:04 GMT, johnsmith@microsoft.com wrote:

>Take it with you.

And maybe stop yelling why he he is at it...... :)

Regards,
Ed

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 06:43:04 GMT, johnsmith@microsoft.com wrote:

>In <E7383FAC-1BAF-44AC-8832-15821A6BCCB4@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?QWRv?= <Ado@discussions.microsoft.com> writes:
>>CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR SHOW ME HOW TO BLOCK OR STOP ANY DOWNLOADING TO MY HARD
>>DISK?
>>WE ARE 4 USERS AND I DONT WANT ANYONE OF THEM TO DOWNLOAD ANY KIND OF FILES
>>WHILE I AM AWAY SINCE THE PC BELONGS TO ME?
>>
>>THANKS.
>

>Take it with you.

If it's yours, password it and take your Caplock key on holiday with
you.