help with LX print engine fuser

Josh

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

Hi. I'm working on an art project and could use a little help. There is a
simple technique for transferring images onto clay pots that uses laser
printers. The toner, made primarily of iron dust, stays in place on the clay
and colors it a black/brown. The problem is you need the image to not be
fused. Opening the printer while it is printing only gives about 1.5 inches
of unfused image.

I'm working with an HP IIIP (LX engine). I tried removing the fuser all
together, but, as you might expect, it just gave me the fuser error code. I
also (i think) shorted out the thermocouple, but this made it think that the
fuser was stuck on, and also failed to print.

I'm sure there's been plenty of posts about how to fix a fuser bar, but for
once, I'd like to disable mine on purpose! Is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Josh" <furmanj@seas.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> Hi. I'm working on an art project and could use a little help. There is a
> simple technique for transferring images onto clay pots that uses laser
> printers. The toner, made primarily of iron dust, stays in place on the
clay
> and colors it a black/brown. The problem is you need the image to not be
> fused. Opening the printer while it is printing only gives about 1.5
inches
> of unfused image.
>
> I'm working with an HP IIIP (LX engine). I tried removing the fuser all
> together, but, as you might expect, it just gave me the fuser error code.
> also (i think) shorted out the thermocouple, but this made it think that
the
> fuser was stuck on, and also failed to print.
>
> I'm sure there's been plenty of posts about how to fix a fuser bar, but
for
> once, I'd like to disable mine on purpose! Is this possible?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> ~Josh

First point the latent image on the paper is mainly carbon , any iron
filings should remain around the magnets in the developer chamber.
Try removing the spring/s that hold the pressure roller against the fuser
roller and pull
out the paper by hand when it reaches the paper.

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~diverse