Dell Dimension XPS T450 upgrade

I'm thinking of upgrading my Windows 98 SE operating system to Windows XP on
my Dell Dimension XPS T450 . I have 384 MB of ram and plenty of extra room
on the hard drive.

Would anyone know if XP would work with my current configuration and should
I expect to lose any information on my hard drive.

Thanks...
2 answers Last reply
More about dell dimension t450 upgrade

    Run the MS upgrade utility. It'll check out all your hardware and
    software for compatibility issues. It's a big d/l (over 30 megs) so a
    broadband connection is just about required.

    Try this url---

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp

    I've got the same system, but with 640 megs. There were "some" issues.
    And, given the Sasser worm problems of last week, I'm just a little
    hesitant to change my OS.

    Tom S.

    imalpo wrote:
    > I'm thinking of upgrading my Windows 98 SE operating system to Windows XP on
    > my Dell Dimension XPS T450 . I have 384 MB of ram and plenty of extra room
    > on the hard drive.
    >
    > Would anyone know if XP would work with my current configuration and should
    > I expect to lose any information on my hard drive.
    >
    > Thanks...

    I have the same machine. WinXP is fine. My Turtle Beach sound cord was
    supposed to be incompatible but it works OK.

    Do a clean install of XP. Have all your data in another partition or backed
    up before you wipe Win 98.

    Brian

    "imalpo" <imalpo@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > I'm thinking of upgrading my Windows 98 SE operating system to Windows XP
    on
    > my Dell Dimension XPS T450 . I have 384 MB of ram and plenty of extra room
    > on the hard drive.
    >
    > Would anyone know if XP would work with my current configuration and
    should
    > I expect to lose any information on my hard drive.
    >
    > Thanks...

Dell XPS Dimension Hard Drives Windows XP Computers