How do I mute the noises during dial up modem connection, I tried to go to
control panel ,clicked ---Phone and Modem--- then --Modem and slide tab all
the way to the right ---OFF and it is still screeching etc. Any help would be
much appreciated.
TYIA
La Princess

Byte

You may be able to, the sound is from within the Modem. Go to:
Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware tab>Device Manager buton>click
+ Modems>rightclick your modem>Properties>Modem tab>speaker volume
slide to the left (Off)>click OK.

--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"La Princess" wrote:

> How do I mute the noises during dial up modem connection, I tried to go to
> control panel ,clicked ---Phone and Modem--- then --Modem and slide tab all
> the way to the right ---OFF and it is still screeching etc. Any help would be
> much appreciated.
> TYIA
> La Princess

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

La Princess <LaPrincess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on Tue, 30 Aug
2005:

>How do I mute the noises during dial up modem connection, I tried to go to
>control panel ,clicked ---Phone and Modem--- then --Modem and slide tab all
>the way to the right ---OFF and it is still screeching etc. Any help would be
>much appreciated.
>TYIA
>La Princess

Your Highness :)

Try going to Control Panel > Network Connections. Right-click on the
connection you're using and choose Properties.

On the General tab click the Configure button and in the next box that
pops up UN-check Enable modem speaker and OK your way out.

Hope this helps.

--
Nightowl

try this site http://www.modemhelp.org/sets.html