NASCAR pictures... (Would you want them to be any other? :..

Hey folks, you KNOW you want the hook-up. Right now, two places where
you can scope 'em:

Ken at pinball rebel is kind enough to host medium and high res
versions. Head on over to
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/nascar/nascar_pinball.htm .
Check out the swank!

Medium-res versions (along with some pictures of my company's NASCAR
vehicle) also available on the Chicago Pinball Mafia's web site:
http://www.pinballmafia.net/ (click on pictures... you'll figure it
out.)

Once Martin gets off work, they'll also be up on pinball news (
http://www.pinballnews.com/ ).

And finally, sometime later this week, the bulk upload to the IPDB, of
course.

Discuss amongst yourselves. You know you're going to anyway. ;)

[And, of course, thanks to Ken & Martin & Chris!]

Cool...

Where is (or was) the test location?

Is the pin still there?

Lloyd Olson wrote:
> Big thank you Korn ! Will there be a Grumpy Old Men review soon ? LTG :)
>
> <TheKorn@TheKorn.net> wrote in message
> > Hey folks, you KNOW you want the hook-up. Right now, two places where
> > you can scope 'em:
> >
> > Ken at pinball rebel is kind enough to host medium and high res
> > versions. Head on over to
> > http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/nascar/nascar_pinball.htm .
> > Check out the swank!
> >
> > Medium-res versions (along with some pictures of my company's NASCAR
> > vehicle) also available on the Chicago Pinball Mafia's web site:
> > http://www.pinballmafia.net/ (click on pictures... you'll figure it
> > out.)
> >

> > Once Martin gets off work, they'll also be up on pinball news (
> > http://www.pinballnews.com/ ).
> >
> > And finally, sometime later this week, the bulk upload to the IPDB, of
> > course.
> >

> > Discuss amongst yourselves. You know you're going to anyway. ;)
> >
> > [And, of course, thanks to Ken & Martin & Chris!]

All the pictures in both medium and high resolution along with the
movies are now at http://www.pinballnews.com/games/nascar/index.html
together with the Pat Lawlor interview and the Stern press releases
about the game and its Grand Prix variant.

A big thanks to Korn for all the pictures and movies.

Cheers,

Martin Ayub,
Editor, Pinball News.
www.pinballnews.com

TheKorn@TheKorn.net wrote:
> Hey folks, you KNOW you want the hook-up. Right now, two places where
> you can scope 'em:
>
> Ken at pinball rebel is kind enough to host medium and high res
> versions. Head on over to
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/nascar/nascar_pinball.htm .
> Check out the swank!
>
> Medium-res versions (along with some pictures of my company's NASCAR
> vehicle) also available on the Chicago Pinball Mafia's web site:
> http://www.pinballmafia.net/ (click on pictures... you'll figure it
> out.)
>

> Once Martin gets off work, they'll also be up on pinball news (
> http://www.pinballnews.com/ ).
>
> And finally, sometime later this week, the bulk upload to the IPDB, of
> course.
>

> Discuss amongst yourselves. You know you're going to anyway. ;)
>
> [And, of course, thanks to Ken & Martin & Chris!]

Big thank you Korn ! Will there be a Grumpy Old Men review soon ? LTG :)

<TheKorn@TheKorn.net> wrote in message
> Hey folks, you KNOW you want the hook-up. Right now, two places where
> you can scope 'em:
>
> Ken at pinball rebel is kind enough to host medium and high res
> versions. Head on over to
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/nascar/nascar_pinball.htm .
> Check out the swank!
>
> Medium-res versions (along with some pictures of my company's NASCAR
> vehicle) also available on the Chicago Pinball Mafia's web site:
> http://www.pinballmafia.net/ (click on pictures... you'll figure it
> out.)
>

> Once Martin gets off work, they'll also be up on pinball news (
> http://www.pinballnews.com/ ).
>
> And finally, sometime later this week, the bulk upload to the IPDB, of
> course.
>

> Discuss amongst yourselves. You know you're going to anyway. ;)
>
> [And, of course, thanks to Ken & Martin & Chris!]

Happy to host mirrored photos. Im just glad ya'll take the time to shoot
them so that the rest of us who dont live in Chicagoland can have a peak ;)

Very interesting looking game....wonder if it will be the tourney game
at the TPF this year?

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Well if all of the location games get as much play as this pin looks
like it has, I would think it could be a very good earner? A bunch of
the rubber posts and flipper rubbers need replacing already. Hope it's
a great success. Have to go search for them reviews now.

Thanks,

Bob Stemmler

Where do you see T-nuts in the field?!?! I couldnt spot them.

Looks like an awesomely different layout for a change. I'm excited. I
love the outlane curves.

I loath Nascar but this game looks like some fun shots. Thanks for
posting. Anyone in Colorado know where there will be one route?

<TheKorn@TheKorn.net> wrote in message
> Hey folks, you KNOW you want the hook-up. Right now, two places where
> you can scope 'em:

Well now, this game is starting to look interesting... seems to be that PL
took what is normally a simple fan layout and found multiple ways to make it
incredibly complicated. :)

I do hope they get rid of the three exclamation points on "short track
racing!!!" for final artwork (stuff like that bugs me).

- Daniel

Hey Stern - your instruction sheet for NASCAR has a typo!

The word is "completing", not "completeing"!

(see pic
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/nascar/nascar2/photos/photo_38.html
under "multiball")

(May I suggest using a spell checker...?)

-Brannon

TheKorn@TheKorn.net wrote:
> Hey folks, you KNOW you want the hook-up. Right now, two places where
> you can scope 'em:
>
> Ken at pinball rebel is kind enough to host medium and high res
> versions. Head on over to
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/nascar/nascar_pinball.htm .
> Check out the swank!
>
> Medium-res versions (along with some pictures of my company's NASCAR
> vehicle) also available on the Chicago Pinball Mafia's web site:
> http://www.pinballmafia.net/ (click on pictures... you'll figure it
> out.)
>

> Once Martin gets off work, they'll also be up on pinball news (
> http://www.pinballnews.com/ ).
>
> And finally, sometime later this week, the bulk upload to the IPDB, of
> course.
>

> Discuss amongst yourselves. You know you're going to anyway. ;)
>
> [And, of course, thanks to Ken & Martin & Chris!]

Looks like it's already broken. I doubt that having pinballs in contact
with the lamp diode leads is a design feechur!

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

TheKorn@TheKorn.net wrote:
> Hey folks, you KNOW you want the hook-up. Right now, two places where
> you can scope 'em:
>
> Ken at pinball rebel is kind enough to host medium and high res
> versions. Head on over to
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/nascar/nascar_pinball.htm .
> Check out the swank!
>
> Medium-res versions (along with some pictures of my company's NASCAR
> vehicle) also available on the Chicago Pinball Mafia's web site:
> http://www.pinballmafia.net/ (click on pictures... you'll figure it
> out.)
>

> Once Martin gets off work, they'll also be up on pinball news (
> http://www.pinballnews.com/ ).
>
> And finally, sometime later this week, the bulk upload to the IPDB, of
> course.
>

> Discuss amongst yourselves. You know you're going to anyway. ;)
>
> [And, of course, thanks to Ken & Martin & Chris!]

Hey Korn -
The big question.... did you like the game? Give it simple ratings
(IYHO) from 1 to 10 on game play, sound package, rule set, and artwork.
Terry.

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in

> Big thank you Korn ! Will there be a Grumpy Old Men review soon ? LTG :)

Yes, but not for a while. (at LEAST a week.) Have to put some more miles
on the game first. :)

"Chris Lyon" <ltcmdrobvious@gmail.com> wrote in

> Where do you see T-nuts in the field?!?! I couldnt spot them.

In the track, upper left side. (next to Pit Road)

"frenchy" <mf101723@msn.com> wrote in news:1122161840.041884.79300
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> that little test car HAS to be made out of rubber, right? The ball
> smashes right into it?

I'm kind of wondering that myself. It has more of a solid feel to it than
a ball hitting off of hollow plastic, but doesn't have the rebound you'd
get off of, say, white rubber.

My working theory is that it's low-rebound rubber over steel.

bogart <pinrestore@gmail.com> wrote in news:g9BEe.2936$0C.1932
@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> Looks like it's already broken. I doubt that having pinballs in contact
> with the lamp diode leads is a design feechur!

Uh, yeah... Those were taken mainly for PLD's benefit, because we had
one hell of a ball trap back there! :)

What's supposed to happen is you send a ball up the truck hauler ramp,
whang one of the cars, the ball reverses direction down the ramp, hits
the one way gate (that's NOT a ramp switch gate!), then goes over to the
left (behind the sign) into pit road and then drops into the lock area.

(simple, eh? :) )

The problem happens when you send TWO balls up the truck hauler at the
same time, both whang off of a car, and both reverse down the ramp.
Balls exiting from the ramp stage left tend to go backwards UP the
playfield for just a bit when being dropped into Pit Road. So what
happens is the first ball drops into Pit Road, goes UP the playfield a
bit, then the second ball drops on top of it and gets wedged in between
the first ball and the light on the sign. Since the walls are high metal
(we're next to the outer track and a ramp here...), there's absolutely no
way to clear this jam except by either turning the game over or removing
the glass.

At that point, we power cycled the game to dump the two that were in Pit
Road. Pretty quickly we had to abandon the game, 'cuz (remember, this is
EARLY SOFTWARE we're talking about!) the game reset on us when it saw
that we had started a multiball mode that the game didn't have enough
balls "installed" to give us. :)

-----

FWIW, I sent that picture over to PLD a couple of days ago. Pat
responded that a change is going to be made to production units to put
some sort of post at the top of Pit Road to prevent this from happening.
So hopefully this is a prototype-only ball trap problem.

"Bob Stemmler" <i500pin@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1122169179.011186.221150
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Well if all of the location games get as much play as this pin looks
> like it has, I would think it could be a very good earner? A bunch of
> the rubber posts and flipper rubbers need replacing already. Hope it's
> a great success. Have to go search for them reviews now.

Mmmmm, I wouldn't read too much into that. Would you shop out a machine
after you've been looking at it/playtesting it for months on end on the
factory floor? :)

On 2005-07-24 01:37:20 +0200, "frenchy" <mf101723@msn.com> said:

> that little test car HAS to be made out of rubber, right? The ball
> smashes right into it?

from the close ups it looks like one of those stress-toys that are
popular in the office (the can take a lot of abuse, I speak from
experience ;-)

Ah! I see.

When I worked at Harveys in Lake Tahoe, we were a test location for IGT.
The engineers would come in and talk with us about any problems we were
having with their new games. I remember the first "S" slots had a weak
and sticky coin diverter cam that we helped them re-design. It's cool to
be involved at that level of the process, where the rubber meets the road.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

TheKorn wrote:
> bogart <pinrestore@gmail.com> wrote in news:g9BEe.2936$0C.1932
> @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:
>

>>Looks like it's already broken. I doubt that having pinballs in contact
>>with the lamp diode leads is a design feechur!
>

> Uh, yeah... Those were taken mainly for PLD's benefit, because we had
> one hell of a ball trap back there! :)
>
> What's supposed to happen is you send a ball up the truck hauler ramp,
> whang one of the cars, the ball reverses direction down the ramp, hits
> the one way gate (that's NOT a ramp switch gate!), then goes over to the
> left (behind the sign) into pit road and then drops into the lock area.
>
> (simple, eh? :) )
>
> The problem happens when you send TWO balls up the truck hauler at the
> same time, both whang off of a car, and both reverse down the ramp.
> Balls exiting from the ramp stage left tend to go backwards UP the
> playfield for just a bit when being dropped into Pit Road. So what
> happens is the first ball drops into Pit Road, goes UP the playfield a
> bit, then the second ball drops on top of it and gets wedged in between
> the first ball and the light on the sign. Since the walls are high metal
> (we're next to the outer track and a ramp here...), there's absolutely no
> way to clear this jam except by either turning the game over or removing
> the glass.
>
> At that point, we power cycled the game to dump the two that were in Pit
> Road. Pretty quickly we had to abandon the game, 'cuz (remember, this is
> EARLY SOFTWARE we're talking about!) the game reset on us when it saw
> that we had started a multiball mode that the game didn't have enough
> balls "installed" to give us. :)
>
> -----
>
> FWIW, I sent that picture over to PLD a couple of days ago. Pat
> responded that a change is going to be made to production units to put
> some sort of post at the top of Pit Road to prevent this from happening.
> So hopefully this is a prototype-only ball trap problem.

Korn - Thanks for all the great pics & info as usual. I'm assuming you
received a green light from Lawlor to post these pics, especially
knowing how he is prior to a games release.

It's also great that this game is getting some nice play testing - If I
recall correctly LOTR did not have the benefit of play testing, and the
result was that more "stuff" came up than usual upon release.

Thanks again!

BRETT B

brannonrad@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hey Stern - your instruction sheet for NASCAR has a typo!
>
> The word is "completing", not "completeing"!
>
> (see pic
> http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/nascar/nascar2/photos/photo_38.html
> under "multiball")
>
> (May I suggest using a spell checker...?)
>
> -Brannon
>
> TheKorn@TheKorn.net wrote:
> > Hey folks, you KNOW you want the hook-up. Right now, two places where
> > you can scope 'em:
> >
> > Ken at pinball rebel is kind enough to host medium and high res
> > versions. Head on over to
> > http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/nascar/nascar_pinball.htm .
> > Check out the swank!
> >
> > Medium-res versions (along with some pictures of my company's NASCAR
> > vehicle) also available on the Chicago Pinball Mafia's web site:
> > http://www.pinballmafia.net/ (click on pictures... you'll figure it
> > out.)
> >

> > Once Martin gets off work, they'll also be up on pinball news (
> > http://www.pinballnews.com/ ).
> >
> > And finally, sometime later this week, the bulk upload to the IPDB, of
> > course.
> >

> > Discuss amongst yourselves. You know you're going to anyway. ;)
> >
> > [And, of course, thanks to Ken & Martin & Chris!]

TRENDING THREADS