Sign in with
Your question

Everywhere I go…TOM Sucks. - Page 2

Last response: in CPUs
October 8, 2003 3:27:06 AM

Quote:
see our comments and arguments as if they were with them.

What do you mean with this analogy?

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: 
October 8, 2003 3:31:28 AM

Well do! I didn't mean as an insult. Dully noted.
October 8, 2003 3:32:20 AM

lol, I would lose this guy if represents your group... just kidding... lol
October 8, 2003 3:34:40 AM

We feel your tasteless attacks on THG have left us no recourse but to say you smell like kaka. Our lawyers have law degrees please dont make us phone them. For your sake and that one guy you walk by to work everyday.

~Jeremy
Unofficial Intel PR Spokesman.(nVidia fill in rep for CoolSquirtle)

:evil:  <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">Busting Sh@t Up In My Buddies Face!!!</A> :evil: 
October 8, 2003 3:56:15 AM

Here's what I see out there:

Just as odd as the unusual choice of benchmarks - PentiumMark, err I mean Sysmark, and 2 versins of a 3d card benchmarking tool, and a synthetic bechmark, and what is essentially a 3D demo, is the conclusion.

I won't debate the reasoning for the choice of these benchmarks, but considering that the A64 does poorly in the chosen ones, the value for money and 9 (presumably out of 10) for performance is out of place too.

So there was a poor benchmark choice, and the conclusion doesn't match the results. lol

But hey, it's still a few grades above ol' tom-tom.
October 8, 2003 4:54:41 AM

I'm now 100% fully afraid of spud.

-----
1700+, Epox 8RDA, 512MB DDR266 DualDDR, Radeon 9800 Pro, Audigy, Logitech Z560s, MX500, Maxtor 80gig 8mb cache
October 8, 2003 4:57:26 AM

The logic contained in your posts is becoming astounding.
ePenis?

..there are becoming entirely to many idiots in this forum.

-----
1700+, Epox 8RDA, 512MB DDR266 DualDDR, Radeon 9800 Pro, Audigy, Logitech Z560s, MX500, Maxtor 80gig 8mb cache
October 8, 2003 8:28:49 AM

Totally agree, I can only suggest certain people go back and read their "contributions" to this thread and then try to work out for themselves what it is exactly they contribute that means we should take them seriously, because personally I'm not seeing much.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by RAIN_KING_UK on 10/08/03 04:31 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
October 8, 2003 12:24:48 PM

Now I know you very well in the GFX Forum and I have definitely nothing against you.
But you should go back and read what Kinney said at first, what I replied, and what HE replied with so that Flamey and others did. Kinney's calling for it, and he got it, and we know he doesn't like it. Please go back and check rather than think we're always that way.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: 
October 8, 2003 3:44:39 PM

STFU you f*cking follower. You can't have everyone in this forum like you. Now go back to kissing a$$ with your thousands of pointless posts.

-----
October 8, 2003 4:23:53 PM

Oooh oohh ze language...

Ah Kinney, all of it is clear now, your intelligence, your maturity, it all drops in one post. Plop.

--
October 8, 2003 4:37:40 PM

Eden plops... and spud is right there to eat it.
Typical scenario.

-----
October 8, 2003 5:57:48 PM

Not taking sides, but Anandtech explicitly stated what they were doing and that their benches may or may not be accurate. This site did imply that the product was the actual soon to be available version (which it may eventually become.) The difference is stating what you are doing versus pulling some slight of hand and wondering if people will catch you.

But seriously, who really cares? It's readily apparent that most of us are intelligent people with strong opinions that are unlikely to change b/c of somebody's inflammatory comments. Spud uses Intel, others use AMD. Blue is better than green. Big whoop. If we all have functioning systems (which we do-i am not carving this post in stone!!!) then why fight about whether or not people you may never see face to face agree with your opinion about computer hardware? That is fairly ridiculous. BTW, I am a social worker and that nasty R-word was way uncalled for.

Oh yeah, my Duron 600 is OC'd to 7x133 and running great at 43C. SO, they don't all die.
October 8, 2003 5:58:53 PM

Dully noted? As in noted dull-ly or noted duly? Just checking?
October 8, 2003 6:16:32 PM

Great post!. I still get most my information from THG, however, I now spend more time on forms instead of review sites. A few years back, a review seemed to be pretty useful. This year, THG has been throwing out some strange stuff. One reviewer will tell you that the geforce fx series are worthless, the next reviewer a few days later will give it toms hardware guides award for being great. you can't just look at the conclusions to get your answer anymore, you have to read the whole article and make your own conclusings, read 5 different articles on the same subject on different sites, and then spend 1/2 your awake life reading/posting on forms for information. As it is now, who can trust reviews, every piece of hardware given to THG is now hand picked top of the line or even better than stated by the packaging. Because so many people base their decisions on THG, that's how manufactures get ahead, until they get caught...by other sites, because THG is obviously getting paid off for some reviews.

<font color=purple>A7n8xDX2.0|B2500+@200x11=3200+(2.2ghz)(1.775v)Corsair512twinxpc3200llpt(2-2-2-6)R9700P(stock)160Gx2WD7200RPM 8MB HD|Enermax460W|T:43C@N,50C@FL,MB 28C|3DMark2001 17087|3DMark2003 5134</font color=purple>
October 8, 2003 6:25:37 PM

Quote:
Because so many people base their decisions on THG, that's how manufactures get ahead, until they get caught...by other sites, because THG is obviously getting paid off for some reviews.

Whoa right there pal. That's a mighty big assertion to make with absolutely nothing to back it up. I find it quite interesting that when AMD was ahead, no one accused THG of being bought off by AMD. Now that Intel looks to be slightly ahead, well then THG must be in Intel's pocket.

Get off it. It's old. You obviously didn't read the review. They said Intel was ahead in most benchmarks, but the comments were far from glowing in favor of Intel.

I see that big AMD Me banner everytime I come here. If THG was truly 'bought off' by Intel, I should be seeing a lot more Intel ads. To even suggest it is beyond ludicrous. Go take your AMD system apart and dry-hump your CPU. I'm sick of finger-pointing with absolutely nothing to back it up.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
October 8, 2003 7:11:25 PM

I think you're all as bad as each other.

Can't we just have a mature discussion for once? Why does someone criticizing Intel always have to turn into the same people attacking that person personally, and the same AMD people attacking right back?
October 8, 2003 7:26:44 PM

Just one thing though, Spud is far from an Intel fanboy. He owns many AMD systems, like, Athlon XPs, not just old Durons.

He actually never bought into the Wilamette but went with some Tbird 1.2. I'll let him fill in the gaps. I talk to him fairly often on MSN and trust me, this is all to get the fanboys ticked.

--
October 8, 2003 7:27:58 PM

Yup, totally agree. People finger-point, but don't prove anything. Especially the lovely THG IS INTEL BIASED kind of comment. It's funny how the review had so much pro-AMD stuff in it.

"sigh", everyone perceives what they think as true.

--
October 8, 2003 7:32:20 PM

Again I advise you to read back.

Not only this, but when people come in touting stuff they don't even are informed on (check Crashman's thread where Papasmurf posted), it gets truly annoying. I get very aggressive on people who are misinformed and come in as if they are right.

I've no problems discussing each side, some will gladly enjoy labelling me, but hey, they were the ones away for a week or two, and bam, they missed out on my AMD praises. Ahh shucks, I guess I can't please everyone.
It's even funnier when these people also claim they "schooled" us. Man Kinney must really have been pissed to try to create such reality.

If we want to have a mature discussion, we need mature people. I'll be more than obliged to point you at many people who merit that, which includes some in here like Zoron.

--
October 8, 2003 7:35:19 PM

I JUST LOVE IT BABY I LOVE OH YA THOSE FAGBOY FANBOYS MAKE ME ALL HOT AND TENDER BABY I JUST WANNA GRAB THEM BY THE HIP AND GIVE EM A LICK OH YA BABY LICK EM ALL OVER OH YA IM GETTING ALL HOT FROM TALKING LIKE THIS OH YA YA BABY.

On a serious not I currently own 1.2 tbird, 2 duron 600's (ones invincible), 1 AXP 1600+, 1 2.4C P4, 1 3.06P4, 1 2.0 Celeron P4, 1 Celeron 1400, 1 Celeron 400, 1 K6-2 400, 1 P3 600 and 1 Intel 486 DX. Oh ya and a Pentium 133. Im seriously looking at getting a 2500+ just cause its like 100 bucks at the local shop. As of current though I am saveing for a Prescott DDR2 platform.

~Jeremy
Unofficial Intel and nVidia PR Spokesman.

:evil:  <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">Busting Sh@t Up In My Buddies Face!!!</A> :evil: 
October 8, 2003 8:56:33 PM

spud ya need a wife,,,,,,****WINK******* (_O_) lol

What is the difference in a childs painting, and a adult who chooses to paint like a child.
October 8, 2003 9:14:04 PM

Its my opinion, NOT assertion, therefore I don't need to back anything up. And of course we all know I can't. Just like I can't prove that alians exists and its just a big government consperiacy, but in my opinion it is. I don't give a hoot about amd or intel, I like to buy what is the best bang for the buck, which usually ends up being the lower cost provider because intel just releases stuff to stay one step ahead and make a mean profit, not to get WAY ahead, if that was the case and amd was producing 1ghz cpu's for 300 bucks and intel was producing 4ghz cpus for 500 bucks, obviously intel would probably be the better bang for the buck. In my current system my $95 barton 2500 outproduces a $200 pentium, so the choice was obvious, but I gotta say an 2.4c looks pretty nice to OC too. My post wasn't about being a fan boy, I didn't even pay much attention to that review because there's no way in heck I would pay 500 for a cpu. The fact still remains though, its getting harder to trust reviews, because reviewers sometimes get better hand picked models (this is a fact) or reviewers do have some sort of bias (everyone does). I was simply stating that I find THG to be more confusing and more bias this year than any other year i've been reading them. So I don't really need to get off anything, I like THG or I wouldn't spend alot of my free time chatting on here or reading their reviews...

ps. dry hump my cpu? a little angered by other people having an opinion which is different from yours?...at least I can see both sides of the issue, oh and I own both AMD and INTEL ran computers, my sig isn't big enough to list em both.

<font color=purple>A7n8xDX2.0|B2500+@200x11=3200+(2.2ghz)(1.775v)Corsair512twinxpc3200llpt(2-2-2-6)R9700P(stock)160Gx2WD7200RPM 8MB HD|Enermax460W|T:43C@N,50C@FL,MB 28C|3DMark2001 17087|3DMark2003 5134</font color=purple>
October 8, 2003 9:34:39 PM

Quote:
ps. dry hump my cpu? a little angered by other people having an opinion which is different from yours?...at least I can see both sides of the issue, oh and I own both AMD and INTEL ran computers, my sig isn't big enough to list em both.

Considering my last two PCs were built around Athlon CPUs (even after having one overheat enough to melt the heatsink fan off) that statement is absurd. I'm just tired of the fanboy mentality around here these days.

Yes, AMD made a great CPU. Yes Intel is trying to steal AMD's thunder. Yes, Intel looked better in most of THG's benchmarks, but the comments towards Intel weren't exactly flattering. I gave AMD a chance, and now I'm giving Intel a chance. When it comes time to upgrade again, I will consider BOTH sides of the CPU equation.

Your post smacked of AMD fanboyism; something I have little tolerance for these days. No one seemed to complain much (at least not very loudly) when THG stomped Intel for their blunders... PIII 1.13GHz, Rambus... you get the picture. Nor did I really hear any complaints against using overclocked AMD CPUs in benchmarks... or even CPUs that weren't available yet. Yet, let one unavailable Intel CPU or one overclocked one sneak into the benchmarks and there's hell to pay. That, sir, smacks of hypocrisy; something which I have little to no tolerance of. If you're going to complain about one, you'd damn well better be complaining or have complained about the other.

I apologize for my outburst. It is getting on my nerves a little. The mistake everyone makes is assuming I'm somehow an Intel fanboy because of this... and nothing could be further from the truth. I'm really hoping that AMD is around for a very long time, if only to keep Intel competitive. I pray that AMD turns it's new line into a smashing success. However, as it is right now, I don't see that happening.

Prove me wrong AMD. Please. For my sake and for all hardware lovers.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2003 10:36:00 PM

>I get very aggressive on people who are misinformed and
>come in as if they are right.

Have a look in the mirror. Its not because you spend more time posting on this forum then the pope praying, that you aren't clueless. You make firm statements on things like 64 bit addressing, pretending to have any authority, but the reality is you don't even grasp the fundamentals of what '64 bit' is about. After 3 gazillion posts on the topic, you still don't understand what PAE does, and what it doesnt, you still don't see that 32 bit pointers limit you to 2-2.5, *maximum* 3 GB of address space, and you still don't seem to understand 64 bit pointers are needed for virtual memory as well, not only for physical ram.

Im getting off topic and personal now, but this annoys the hell out of me. Just like Omid annoys me with his brainless brabbeling about how AMD should ignore tier 1/2 oems and the corporate market all together, and his delusion that AMD creates its strategy based upon what fanboys on forums like this one think.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: you, Omid and half a dozen other regulars on this forum are incredibly naive their reasoning and it all seems based on one big lack of comprehension: "intel makes money, amd doesnt, so intel surely is doing the right thing, and AMD isnt". That makes Omid conclude AMD is f*cking up their marketing, not listening to its fanboys, etc, etc, while not even getting the most basic facts right.

Now that is one thing, everyone is entitled an opinion, however ill informed or irrational it may often be. The only thing that is even more pathetic, is *not* having one and just smoothtalking someone else's opinion you barely understand, because you don't have what it takes to form your own; neither the knowledge, experience or the ability to reason. its what makes Omid hide behind intel's PR talk and its financial results, and what makes you (and many others) hide behind Omids nonsensical rambeling.

Now go ahead and flame me for being an arrogant wannabee know-it-all, or keep up the charade by ignoring this post and pretend its below you to respond or something, but when you think about it, you know I'm right.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
October 8, 2003 11:34:25 PM

No, I don't think you're right. I think you're being arrogant everytime you come here, don't read what I say, and twist it to the next level to martyr yourself into thinking we're attacking you so you get the spotlight talking about things I didn't even call up.

Lovely!

Thanks for coming to THGC, and if you wanna step out because we don't please you, then as some said, don't let the door hit you on the arse out!

--
October 9, 2003 12:11:48 AM

Quote:
Your post smacked of AMD fanboyism; something I have little tolerance for these days. No one seemed to complain much (at least not very loudly) when THG stomped Intel for their blunders... PIII 1.13GHz, Rambus... you get the picture. Nor did I really hear any complaints against using overclocked AMD CPUs in benchmarks... or even CPUs that weren't available yet. Yet, let one unavailable Intel CPU or one overclocked one sneak into the benchmarks and there's hell to pay. That, sir, smacks of hypocrisy; something which I have little to no tolerance of. If you're going to complain about one, you'd damn well better be complaining or have complained about the other.

I apologize for my outburst. It is getting on my nerves a little. The mistake everyone makes is assuming I'm somehow an Intel fanboy because of this... and nothing could be further from the truth.

The irony is I have been feeling the same way, but hey, I guess I'm a follower of opinion in some eyes (kinda bit premature to say, since they don't know jack about me and what I say in these forums), as well as the fact that (although not directed at Dinkster) you've been laying out these true stories trying to repair the image people label on THG, yet it seems no one reads them.

Do you get what I have to go through with some here? I say we just let them say whatever the hell they want. Live their own little reality and we'll enjoy our more wide view on things.

--
October 9, 2003 12:27:19 AM

I've noticed that too! - Your interest is in the THG community and not necessarily in an opinion of your own.

That explains why you constantly change you point of views and it’s all over the place on this board, for many years.

Go with the THG community flow Eden.
October 9, 2003 12:31:58 AM

ePenis...it's that thing u keep trying to grow by being an idiotic puppy and trolling.
There are too many idiots on this forum, one of the more prominent idiots is you.

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"
October 9, 2003 12:34:01 AM

Intelligent, good work buddy
October 9, 2003 12:34:03 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! I just read your reply to Eden. Wow man, I gotta hand it to you, they don't breed idiots like you very often.
he doesn't have many people on this forum like him at all- you'll notice the 10 billion arguments Eden and I have had.

October 9, 2003 1:07:04 AM

Right. I'm not going to stoop to your level any longer.

-----
October 9, 2003 1:08:26 AM

Quote:
Your interest is in the THG community and not necessarily in an opinion of your own.

I'll vouch for that one!

-----
October 9, 2003 1:13:21 AM

Quote:
Right. I'm not going to stoop to your level any longer.

Quote:
STFU you f*cking follower. You can't have everyone in this forum like you. Now go back to kissing a$$ with your thousands of pointless posts.

AND
Quote:
Your posts have similar effect, retard.

Hmm, you've gone way lower than the Titanic there bub.

--
October 9, 2003 1:14:52 AM

Quote:
I've noticed that too! - Your interest is in the THG community and not necessarily in an opinion of your own.

That explains why you constantly change you point of views and it’s all over the place on this board, for many years.

Go with the THG community flow Eden.

See, that's an example of people who can't read. You probably skipped that big post I did to you in Crashman's thread, explaining and even conceding to my past behavior.
But hey, like Bbaeyens, you just enjoy martyring yourself so you can take a shot while supposedly being victimized.

Shame I even thought I could start talking to you rationally.

--
October 9, 2003 1:16:07 AM

Flame despite everything we've had against each other you're actually taking my side on this. Gotta admit, that takes a lot.
But admittedly, deep down I still do respect you, despite everything. Let's make wuv like it's the last night of our lives!!!

--
October 9, 2003 1:24:12 AM

In your world of illogical, troll-like arguments, you would be stooping down- to stoop down to my level it'd mean you'd have to actually use a thing called LOGIC. And from what I see, you are incapable of that, and it is against your moral values.

October 9, 2003 1:42:49 AM

Well, considering in his world he "schooled" lots of Intel fanboys here (wish he had some hard proof and perhaps a note of reference from the "schooled" fanboy), it's not surprising he thinks he's right.

--
October 9, 2003 1:49:10 AM

Yeah I read that post, doesn't mean I agree with it... Your actions are louder than your posted words, sort of speak.

Eden you can talk to me rationally and I'll back down. I really can't wait to see how you reply to the MMX question I have going on with you, If you truly are what you say you are and depending on how you answer that post I addressed I'll take back everything I said about you personally...I think I'll truly see if you’re a man of his words. until then? After all, I'd rather we get along.

-pied
October 9, 2003 2:02:57 AM

Right!

Well, check it out. I think I laid out pretty well what I feel. Sometimes it takes a lot to prove yourself, without even doing it for others, but rather by going along the conversations. So hopefully my reply (which I never knew you were testing me) will be of your expectations on this one. It doesn't matter if it doesn't, though to me I feel I had a rightful scenario and even agreed with you.

--
October 9, 2003 2:07:21 AM

I’m sorry I missed judge you. I apologize.
October 9, 2003 2:21:57 AM

You read my post?

That aside, I'm glad to see this. I won't rub it in you at all as well, because I understand someone who has seen me in my days before this mid-year and came back now would conclude such. I still think it's wrong to quickly judge without exploring more, but nonetheless, you even apologized which I didn't really need, just an acknowledgement that everything will be fine!

Thanks again.

--
October 9, 2003 2:28:21 AM

Damn you're not of them who respond with questions now are you?! :eek: 

So you did!

--
October 9, 2003 3:11:37 AM

[hick accent]I had ma shotgun cocked from the beginning. Say when and his head comes off![/hick accent]

October 9, 2003 3:18:52 AM

Somehow I don’t think that accent is a stretch for ya! Who’s your papa!
!