windows movie maker

ok i am running windows xp SP2. all of a sudden windows movie maker has just
stopped working, when i say that i can open it but when i try to drag a
movie/video clip into the time line the programme displays a error and say it
has encountered a problem and needs to close down. ive checked out what is
causing the problem as it is located here
(C:\DOCUME~1\fox\LOCALS~1\Temp\feeb_appcompat.txt)
i dont know how to fix it.
can anyone help. if you need more information about my system just ask.

thank you very much in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about windows movie maker

    You're trying to run a txt (text) file as a video, and that will not work.
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "fox" wrote:

    > ok i am running windows xp SP2. all of a sudden windows movie maker has just
    > stopped working, when i say that i can open it but when i try to drag a
    > movie/video clip into the time line the programme displays a error and say it
    > has encountered a problem and needs to close down. ive checked out what is
    > causing the problem as it is located here
    > (C:\DOCUME~1\fox\LOCALS~1\Temp\feeb_appcompat.txt)
    > i dont know how to fix it.
    > can anyone help. if you need more information about my system just ask.
    >
    > thank you very much in advance

Windows Movie Maker Microsoft Windows XP