Where's Burn Image in Sonic RecordNow?

I have Inspiron 1150 that comes with Sonic RecordNow. The help file
says under Backup tab, I should see Burn Image. But I only see Exact
Copy (which insists the source be a CD) and Upgrade-Backup Your
Computer (which links to sonic web site in browser). I'd like to burn
some ISO image files from hard drive to new CDs. Thanks for help.

Yong Huang
yong321@yahoo.com

Yong Huang wrote:

> I have Inspiron 1150 that comes with Sonic RecordNow. The help file
> says under Backup tab, I should see Burn Image. But I only see Exact
> Copy (which insists the source be a CD) and Upgrade-Backup Your
> Computer (which links to sonic web site in browser). I'd like to burn
> some ISO image files from hard drive to new CDs. Thanks for help.

See if you have the "Image" button on the toolbar. If so, click it and
then click Add.

you may or may not have the option depending on the version that you
selected (or didn't) when you ordered your computer. i can't recall exactly
how version 5 listed it (the version that has a picture of a smiling woman
on the banner page) but version 7 (which has a picture of a flame hot
red/yellow cd) has three things under the backup tab... exact copy, backup
entire system, and upgrade-save and burn disc images... by upgrade they
mean pay them and get the added functionality. once you register your
product you will get regular emails from them trying to sell you their
products. dell offered the upgrade versions along with other things when
you choose components for the system. there is nothing bad about the sonic
product but i have also used discjuggler from www.padus.com for burning iso
images for several years. the older version 3.5 still works well under xp,
but not sure if it supports dvd writers. their current version free demo
will also burn iso files smaller than 700mb on to a cdrw but only at the
slowest speed setting and only to one drive at a time (their software is
capable of driving many drives at the same time and used by short run
duplicators).

"Yong Huang" <yong321@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have Inspiron 1150 that comes with Sonic RecordNow. The help file
> says under Backup tab, I should see Burn Image. But I only see Exact
> Copy (which insists the source be a CD) and Upgrade-Backup Your
> Computer (which links to sonic web site in browser). I'd like to burn
> some ISO image files from hard drive to new CDs. Thanks for help.
>
> Yong Huang
> yong321@yahoo.com

Thank you. I downloaded DiscJuggler and used it to burn images. It works great!

My RecordNow is version 4.0. It doesn't have an Image button on the toolbar.

Yong Huang