Sign in with
Your question

PRESCOTT CANCELLED?

Last response: in CPUs
October 7, 2003 11:54:08 AM

I was called an idiot and attacked for even suggesting the MIGHTY INTEL was having problems with the PRESSHOTT.

I said it would be delayed... i was attacked

I said the P4 EXPENSIVE EDITION was proof positive PRESSIE was stillborn

I was attacked

Now it looks so bad for the PRESSHOTT... that May i dare say it will be CANCELLED

this is my current thinking at this time.... I think INTEL will go all out with the P4 EMERGENCY EDITION Until it can get TEJAS out

Presshott just didnt work... its too hot at higher clock speeds... thats why we only seeing 2.8 GHZ samples

thats as good as it gets... i think they had to disable some features to get pressie stable at 2.8GHZ... hence why it loses to a like clocked woodie

Not good for INTEL... GOOD FOR AMD

I am sure this pains alot of people here like SPUD and P3man and METH and HARDWARE ... but hey thats life... sometimes all the money and power dont get it done.

SO save up for the P4 EXPENSIVE EMERGENCY and dream a little dream about TEJAS...

cus its HAMMERTIME!!!

g'day

More about : prescott cancelled

October 7, 2003 1:18:13 PM

*yawn* Same Ol'Bullsh!t, Different day.

Try again poopy.

Shadus<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by shadus on 10/07/03 10:53 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
October 7, 2003 1:25:16 PM

Hi backdoor Poper!

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: 
Related resources
October 7, 2003 1:53:36 PM

***yawn***

Hey! wait a minute! what is this:
Quote:
I am sure this pains alot of people here like SPUD and P3man and METH and HARDWARE ... but hey thats life... sometimes all the money and power dont get it done.

Would that METH be a reference to me? It's Mephistopheles, named after the devil in "Faust" by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, you illiterate fool. :mad:  BTW, get lost.

:evil:  <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles
October 7, 2003 2:55:54 PM

poopy i still love you, your hate for me will only increase the passion :evil: 

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy
October 7, 2003 3:16:15 PM

Quote:
Not good for INTEL... GOOD FOR AMD

Only IF AMD can capitalize and make a profit with their new processors. You just don't get it, do you? Praising AMD and bashing Intel isn't enough to make AMD a successful company. None of your posts are helping AMD make themselves successful; nor are they enough to sway me away from Intel. I'll make my own choice when it comes time to upgrade again. Posts like yours won't factor into my decision one iota.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
October 7, 2003 3:45:22 PM

I would have preferred to just see this silly thread ignored, but since it's presently at the top of the queue yet again, I think it's time for me to yell it out:

<b><font color=purple>CHOCOBO DANCE PARTY!</font color=purple></b>

There. I've said my piece. Good day.

<pre><A HREF="http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20030905" target="_new"><font color=black>People don't understand how hard being a dark god can be. - Hastur</font color=black></A></pre><p>
October 7, 2003 3:54:41 PM

damn man! i mean, i like AMD too about 100 times more than Intel but what you are doing is ridiculous. i said it to you before and I will say it again ..

<b>GET A LIFE!</b>
October 7, 2003 3:56:56 PM

*Gives Slvr a Carob nut* Grow on this!

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol: 
October 7, 2003 6:03:22 PM

It is far more likely that Prescott goes forward, probably with a ramped up speed to quell the critics. How does 3.5 Ghz at introduction sound?

I think P4 EE is "vaporware" intended to steal AMD's moment in the sun. We (the consumers) will never see P4 EE (IMO).

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>
October 7, 2003 7:44:40 PM

Same old dribble. Nothing to back it up. Oh yeah hot air.
October 7, 2003 8:11:15 PM

Quote:
*Gives Slvr a Carob nut* Grow on this!

<font color=orange><b>Wark! Wark!</b></font color=orange>

<pre><A HREF="http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20030905" target="_new"><font color=black>People don't understand how hard being a dark god can be. - Hastur</font color=black></A></pre><p>
October 8, 2003 2:12:24 AM

*Slvr Spits Moogle summon*

--
October 8, 2003 3:07:13 AM

Somehow I don't think he cares?
October 8, 2003 3:08:20 AM

Have you actually ever went AMD?
October 8, 2003 3:10:06 AM

Proof? Speculation? Relevance?
October 8, 2003 3:23:17 AM

I have and I also the the worlds only Duron 600 that refuses to die from thermal death.

~Jeremy
Unofficial Intel PR Spokesman.(nVidia fill in rep for CoolSquirtle)

:evil:  <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">Busting Sh@t Up In My Buddies Face!!!</A> :evil: 
October 8, 2003 3:23:23 AM

d00d, Zoron owned a 1GHZ Tbird. It burned down. Did it ruin his experience? Hell no. He bought later a 1900+. A true open-minded guy I give all my respect to.
Now he has an Intel because it WAS THE BEST AT ITS time. I don't know which P4. But whatever it is, you can't label him anything now.

--
October 8, 2003 3:28:00 AM

What’s with d00d?

I wasn't and care not too. I actually wanted to know why he picked what he did. We all buy for different reasons... mine was price, I'm a poor bastard. Maybe he has bigger bucks? I was just curious, easy big guy!
October 8, 2003 3:29:00 AM

Woops, I guess. Jumped it too early... I'm too hyper lately correcting some of the illogical people here (not you for the moment, mind you :tongue: ).

--
October 8, 2003 4:08:32 AM

Specify.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>
October 8, 2003 5:04:32 AM

AMD delayed the Hammer forever.

P4:EE isnt that bad just a P4 Xeon in sheeps clothing.

Im waiting for a Dual s478 board to come out and get a nice big cache database machine.

Im willing to wait for Tejas if its a more stable chip.

-------
<font color=red>Offical Bad Guy of THGC</font color=red>
October 8, 2003 8:18:26 AM

sorry i got in late here, but the main problem i would have if prescott was canceled is there would be a shortage of chips until tejas came out, amd could not physically produce enough chips to supply the whole pc market, technology would sit at a relative standstill without progression for a long period of time.
October 8, 2003 12:21:15 PM

Which isn't going to happen and is why most of us are saying GWB is full of sh!t as usual.

Shadus
October 8, 2003 12:57:56 PM

RCF, an Opteron costs about the same if not less for 1MB cache, and comes in Dual configs that totally rape the Xeons in workstations. You're MUCH better off getting Opteron servers than Xeons here.

--
October 8, 2003 2:53:06 PM

That's what I"m waiting on for my next upgrade. Tejas all the way.
October 8, 2003 5:19:59 PM

Quote:
I actually wanted to know why he picked what he did. We all buy for different reasons... mine was price, I'm a poor bastard. Maybe he has bigger bucks? I was just curious, easy big guy!

The Intel system I wanted to build was in fact less expensive than the AMD system I wanted to build. I don't buy retail, I buy wholesale. What I'm seeing is that Intel processors are probably marked up more than AMD processors in a lot of cases. When I looked at the wholesale prices, the differences were almost negligable.

I factored in price and upgrade options. I liked the Intel-based board better because it has 4 RAM slots... which means I can slap in two more sticks and still be operating in dual-channel mode. Couldn't do that with the nVidia-based board. I wasn't about to pair a new AMD CPU with anything but an n-Force2 based board.

I knew what features I wanted. At the time, the bottom line was cheaper with Intel than it was with AMD. The Intel system does everything I want it to do more than adequately. When it comes time to upgrade again, I again will consider BOTH platforms. I am by no means AMD-only or Intel-only.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
!