Bootup Message

A friend has a PB with the following problem: On boot-up a black screen
message comes stating, "CPU setting incorrect". I do not know the model
number. I do know the CPU is a 233. Any help on what the above means and/or
corrective action would be appreciated.

"Jack H" <jhard8186@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>A friend has a PB with the following problem: On boot-up a black screen
> message comes stating, "CPU setting incorrect". I do not know the model
> number. I do know the CPU is a 233. Any help on what the above means
> and/or
> corrective action would be appreciated.

Not knowing the particular Mother Board settings makes this a general
answer.
Your PIN (jumpers) are not set for the proper CPU speed, or your CMOS
battery is dying and needs to be replaced or the CPU is loose in the socket.

Sorry I could not be of better assistance.

Elector