Too much AMD vs Intel Bull

infiltrator

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2003
Isn't anyone sick of this while pointless debate? I mean, everytime I read a thread here, there's a 99% chance of some fanbooi screwing up the thread with irreliant stuff. I read posts a lot here, and read a LOT more than I post, but if things go on like this, there will be no reason to read here anymore - as there is more flaming/fanbooi'ing going on than actual facts regarding hardware.

Enuff of this crap, let's return this to a technical forum about hardware.... PLEASE!!!!!

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I couldn't agree more. People should either rationally debate stuff, or not say anything.

After all, the primary purpose of forums such as this is for people to ask for help with problems, and to talk about advances/mods and suchlike in the area of hardware.

I find news about new hardware, overclocking, etc. very interesting. I <i>don't</i> find people fanatically supporting one product (and insulting anyone who offers a differing opinion) remotely interesting.

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

RRAMJET

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
yea i think there are to many intel fanboys on this web site. I cant even hang crap on intel wiyhout some fanboy getting all uptight. We need to have some serious debate on these idiots and come up with some solutions. I will have a chat with freddy tonight and see waht i can do.

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!

CaptainNemo

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Yep - fanboi's are a pain in the arse.

I don't care who makes who the best whatever; I just want to know what the best whatever is.

"Some mice have two buttons. Macintosh has one. So it's extremely difficult to push the wrong button." - Apple ad. circa 1984.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Considering the title of the last thread you started was:
Intel catering for the Moronic
.. I hardly think YOU qualify as impartial.

plus of course:
I cant even hang crap on intel wiyhout some fanboy getting all uptight
I would have to suggest that the best way of demonstrating the <i>superiority</i> of one product over another, would be to put forward the good points <i>of that product</i>... <i><b>Not</b></i> to try and express the bad points of the competition... That's just pathetic, IMO.

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

rain_king_uk

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
I don't think there is any problem discussing the good and bad points of any product - the weaknesses of a product are at least as important as the strengths when making a purchasing decision for example. Also I think discussing the negative side of a product is actually more interesting personally.

It's more about doing it in a mature manner - something many of the people here, both from AMD and Intel camps, have a problem doing as far as I can see.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by RAIN_KING_UK on 10/08/03 05:31 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

RRAMJET

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
just cause your a big intel fanboy chipdeath. I just point out the facts if you don't like if i pick on some good or bad points whats the difference. Anyhow you are always one of the first to jump in on some of the troll posts, that i rufuse to participate in, and make rash statements. Chipdeath you are a fanboy, admit it...

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I don't think there is any problem discussing the good and bad points of any product
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with that. I just mean that if you're going to limit your whole argument to simply pointing out anything bad about a competitor's product, then you should ALSO list either the good points of that product, or also list the bad points of the product you're arguing for. I'm not talking Intel/AMD here, I'm just talking about having a balanced viewpoint.

It's more about doing it in a mature manner - something many of the people here, both from AMD and Intel camps, have a problem doing as far as I can see.
You can say that again....

---

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
some of the troll posts, that i rufuse to participate in
Funny that, I always thought <i>starting</i> a thread was about the highest level of participation you could get...
Chipdeath you are a fanboy, admit it...
Takes one to know one :tongue:

---

TTZX

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2003
rramjet can't be older than 10. Then again I know 10 year olds with more intellect.

<b>P4 2.4C @ 3.0GHz 1.525V Stock HSF * Abit IS7 BIOS v1.3 * Corsair XMS 2x256MB PC3200 2-3-3-6 * GeForce4 Ti4200 AGP8X 128MB * SB Audigy 2 ZS * Logitech Z-680 THX 5.1 * Seagate Barracuda 80GB SATA</b>

I also couldn't agree more.

I think that AMD has made a very good processor with the AMD64 and an even better one with the FX-51 (even if it is a rebadged Opteron). The point I'm trying to make is that AMD has to make and sell enough of these processors to remain a viable company.

I'm worried about AMD. I WANT them to succeed... but the fanboys can't seem to see that. They all think I'm ragging on the CPU and that somehow personally insults them.

If you take constructive critisism against a company personally, you are a fanboy. Unless you happen to be a founder of said company, of course. I don't want Intel to be the sole choice available to me in the x86 arena. It's bad enough Apple can demand a premium for their chips since they're the only ones offering them. I don't want to see the same thing happen on the x86 side of the equation.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Haha, nice one, derailing this thread in the way he was complaining about when he started it. I'll bite, anyone who thinks Tom's reviews are biased in favor of Intel believe this only because they themselves are AMD fanboys.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
I figure he's a troll, prolly a bit younger than I am but most likely over 10... his name is rramjet, roger ramjet i assume... which is a late 60s cartoon character if my mind serves... most 10 year olds wouldn't pick up on that.

Shadus

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I haven't seen people this upset about the truth since nVidia got ahead of 3DFX. And people will continue to bicker about it whenever they get a chance.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
haha good call.

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>