Problem with USB port on Acer Aspire 4935 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_holloway

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Hello,

I wonder if anyone have face this before. I've been using my Acer laptop for about a year now and suddenly both the USB port doesn't work. What i meant is there is no power at all. If i plugged in my cooler, there is no power (i've tried pluggin in mouse, external hard disk, etc). I even reformatted my laptop hoping that its just system error. But after formatting it is still the same. Right now im plugging in my USB splitter in the firewire ( just to be able to use my mouse, external hard disk and cooler fan) it works actually but i miss my 2 USB port. and i'm afraid that soon i'll lose my firewire too.

I did check on my device manager, though not so sure but i still see lots of USB thingy around there and all seems to be working just fine.

Thanks in advance :D i really appreciate any help

Solution
Try going to acer's support site and updating the chipset for your particular model. Refreshing the chipset can help to kick start the usb controllers. If that doesn't work, it is probably something hardware related, i.e. the controllers on the motherboard are damaged due to heat or something.
Try going to acer's support site and updating the chipset for your particular model. Refreshing the chipset can help to kick start the usb controllers. If that doesn't work, it is probably something hardware related, i.e. the controllers on the motherboard are damaged due to heat or something.

Solution

shawn_holloway

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the reply :D i did upgrade the chipset ( from acer support website ) still doesn't work. I think it might be as you've stated. Could be because my laptop is is on for long hours everyday :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.