Easy Scared Stiff Mod

I recently found a website where they mentioned a mod for the Boney
Beast skull on SS. I never really liked the way the eyes looked with
the red bulb covers, so I tried the Mod which was very easy, simply
take off the skull, and glue some red acetate over the eye openings.
Take off the bulb covers and reattach. LOOKS AMAZING! The eyes have
an evil demonic glow which suits the game so well. I have all the mods
for SS, but this one is definitely the best bang for the buck. I'll
post a picture if I can get it to look right. Sorry, I can't remember
the address of the website.

I'd like to see that. Another way to improve the eyes a bit is with red
bulbs under the bulb covers-makes then VERY red.

When I got my SS, the blue bulb cover for one of the 906s behind the
skull pile was missing. White 906s completely overpowered my LED skull
eyes when both were on. I replaced both 906s with blue-dyed 906s, which
gives an excellent effect.

I saw this mod mentioned a few years ago and did it to my game. It
looked great as you mentioned. I used some ink jet printable
transparencies for overhead projectors and printed up my own as I had no
acetate the day I got time to do it.

Great fun! Dave

llabrevlis wrote:

> I recently found a website where they mentioned a mod for the Boney
> Beast skull on SS. I never really liked the way the eyes looked with
> the red bulb covers, so I tried the Mod which was very easy, simply
> take off the skull, and glue some red acetate over the eye openings.
> Take off the bulb covers and reattach. LOOKS AMAZING! The eyes have
> an evil demonic glow which suits the game so well. I have all the mods
> for SS, but this one is definitely the best bang for the buck. I'll
> post a picture if I can get it to look right. Sorry, I can't remember
> the address of the website.

I took some pictures with and without a flash. Not perfect, but they
give you an idea of how it looks. Better in person for sure.

http://members.shaw.ca/dggames/Boney%20Beast/

DG