I was playing around with customizing Command Prompt window. Now the
entire screen becomes Command Prompt and thus there is no longer a title
bar. How can I recover the original small Command Prompt window which
has a title bar on it?

Kaz

Try going to start > All Program > Accessories then right clicking the
shortcut to cmd.exe. From there go to the options tab and change it to
windowed mode under the display options.

-Jeff

"honjo" <a@b.c> wrote in message
>I was playing around with customizing Command Prompt window. Now the
> entire screen becomes Command Prompt and thus there is no longer a title
> bar. How can I recover the original small Command Prompt window which
> has a title bar on it?
>
> Kaz

You can also use Alt + Enter to toggle from Full Screen to Window.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OF$yGBbrFHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
honjo <a@b.c> hunted and pecked:
> I was playing around with customizing Command Prompt window. Now the
> entire screen becomes Command Prompt and thus there is no longer a title
> bar. How can I recover the original small Command Prompt window which
> has a title bar on it?
>
> Kaz

I would like to thank Jeff and Wesley for this tidbit of information even if
Honjo doesn't. I never knew this trick before. Thanks>
--
Mark N.
> You can also use Alt + Enter to toggle from Full Screen to Window.
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:OF$yGBbrFHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> honjo <a@b.c> hunted and pecked:
>> I was playing around with customizing Command Prompt window. Now the
>> entire screen becomes Command Prompt and thus there is no longer a title
>> bar. How can I recover the original small Command Prompt window which
>> has a title bar on it?
>>
>> Kaz

Here're some more.

HOW TO: Set the Command Processor Appearance in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309019

Customizing CMD
http://wint.virtualplastic.net/showtweak.php?tweak_id=73

To configure the command prompt