Hi to all.
I own a sony vaio laptop with an ATI 4570 graphic card. Some times (about 5-6 times since December) the graphics crashes (million different collor squares) and the sound freezes (it sound like a grrrrrrrr) even when playing games, listening music or watchng movies. The only way to continue is to press the on/off button. I am using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Any suggestion - Help will be extremely helfull
Thanks in advance!!!
I have installed the latest Ati catalyst but the driver release date remains the same. I just reformated my laptop in case of any regisrty or updated driver conflict. For the time being I have not crashes. Its possible the crash to be occcured from software reasons and not form hardware? Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.
Taking a look in the Event Viewer I found many log error records with 43029 (atikmdag). Could anyone help? I tried to download new drvers from ati but the new catalyst driver are not compatible with siny laptops. Any suggestion?
"I have the solution for my problem. I strongly suggest you post this to anyone else having this problem! (PS I am using 7.5 catalyst)
I found that if you go into the system configuration utility (Start menu then type "system configuration" in the search bar) and the choose the boot tab and then to advanced options. There you will see at the top two boxes that you can check one is processor and the other is memory. If you check both of these and choose one processor and then the max amount of memory that is on your system. Hit apply and ok. Restart your system and it should run quickly in 2d and 3d works! Yay!"
Thank you for the extended reply,
I formated my laptop, and made a Windows 7 fresh install, untill now there is no crashes but, the system log still records the ATIKMDAG.sys EVENT ID 43029. This "Events" are recorded more often in the Start up.
As I mentioned, by uninstalling -the provided preinstalled from sony ATI DRIVERS- and by searching from control panel the recomendend graphic drivers, windows finds the following driver:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1)
This drivers is older than the preinstalled, but when I use them instead of preinstalled ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 8.633 the log Errors are dissapeared.
Could I use the windows drivers?
Is there any serious reason to not use the Windows Drivers?
quick question, you had the 10.3 drivers installed?
because if you did, i found your problem.
"ATI Catalyst™ Display Driver
Version - 10.3
Operating System(s) - Windows Vista - 64-Bit Edition; Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition
Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver for with limited support for
system vendor specific features. Support is available for Windows Vista and Windows 7
to be used at your own risk.
The Installation Verification Software will prevent driver download on certain notebook
products. This is to protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or
functionality provided by the system manufacturer. If unacceptable behavior is
experienced using Catalyst Mobility it is recommended to revert back to the driver
provided by your system vendor for your specific platform. Please check with your system
vendor for the most recent drivers for your notebook.
The following notebook graphics products are supported in this release:
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5700 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5600 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5100 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4800 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4600 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon 4100 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3600 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon 3100 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2700 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 Series
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 Series
* ATI PowerXpress enabled notebooks using AMD chipsets
The following notebooks are not supported in this release:
* Any notebook launched after this driver release.
* Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks using Intel chipsets.
* Toshiba notebooks (please check with your notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
* Sony VAIO notebooks (please check with your notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
* Panasonic notebooks (please check with your notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)"
you installed windows 7 ultimate fresh? from an OEM disk or a Retail disk i would assume, as i think i've identified your computer right i looked up the driver on the sony website and came up with this.