Multi-IP Bridge Environment with router and adapter, 802.1..

I use a an Asus WL-330g wi-fi 802.11g wireless ethernet adapter to
connect to a 802.11b wireless router, the SMC7004VWBR. The wl-330g
works fine when directly connected to the computers ethernet port.
However, I want to use a hub.

In the picture at
<http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/ethernet.htm>
there's a wl-330g connected to a hub. Also connected are a desktop
computer, a notebook and a game console. The wl-330g is providing
internet access to those other devices by connecting wirelessly to a
router. According to Asus, the WL-330g is in "ethernet adapter mode,"
and not "access point mode," which makes sense. Where are the
directions on how to set that up? I've looked all through the manual
and can only find reference to stuff like "Multi-IP Bridge
Environment,"
where the WL-330g is in "access point" mode.

I've made several technical inquiries to asus without real result. The
best answer I've gotten so far is:

<http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techmailstatus.aspx?ID=WTM20050831656183346>

Most recently I've submitted a new inquiry:
<http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techmailstatus.aspx?ID=WTM20050806104576913>

Generally, the respons from asus is:
<http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techmailstatus.aspx?ID=WTM2005082464671283>

1.) What is the terminology which describes that topmost diagram?
WDS? Multi-IP Bridge Environment? I'm looking for the buzzword to
google on.

2.) Where are the directions?

Thanks,

Thufir

From: <hawat.thufir@gmail.com>

| I use a an Asus WL-330g wi-fi 802.11g wireless ethernet adapter to
| connect to a 802.11b wireless router, the SMC7004VWBR. The wl-330g
| works fine when directly connected to the computers ethernet port.
| However, I want to use a hub.
|
| In the picture at
| <http://usa.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-330g/ethernet.htm>
| there's a wl-330g connected to a hub. Also connected are a desktop
| computer, a notebook and a game console. The wl-330g is providing
| internet access to those other devices by connecting wirelessly to a
| router. According to Asus, the WL-330g is in "ethernet adapter mode,"
| and not "access point mode," which makes sense. Where are the
| directions on how to set that up? I've looked all through the manual
| and can only find reference to stuff like "Multi-IP Bridge
| Environment,"
| where the WL-330g is in "access point" mode.
|
| I've made several technical inquiries to asus without real result. The
| best answer I've gotten so far is:
|
| <http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techmailstatus.aspx?ID=WTM20050831656183346>
|
| Most recently I've submitted a new inquiry:
| <http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techmailstatus.aspx?ID=WTM20050806104576913>
|
| Generally, the respons from asus is:
| <http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techmailstatus.aspx?ID=WTM2005082464671283>
|
| 1.) What is the terminology which describes that topmost diagram?
| WDS? Multi-IP Bridge Environment? I'm looking for the buzzword to
| google on.
|
| 2.) Where are the directions?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Thufir

This is hardly a WinXP question or problem.

Please consult ASUS, networking and Router News Groups.

Suggested:
alt.comp.networking.routers
alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

David H. Lipman wrote:
> This is hardly a WinXP question or problem.
>
> Please consult ASUS, networking and Router News Groups.
>
> Suggested:
> alt.comp.networking.routers
> alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Well, there didn't seem to be a microsoft.public.windowsxp.networking,
so I put in .general, which seemed the closest match. I'm surprised
that there's no .networking group under windowsxp.

-Thufir

In news:1125535425.968267.174320@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
hawat.thufir@gmail.com <hawat.thufir@gmail.com> typed:

> Well, there didn't seem to be a
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.networking,
> so I put in .general, which seemed the closest match. I'm
> surprised
> that there's no .networking group under windowsxp.

There is. Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Malke

hawat.thufir@gmail.com wrote:

> David H. Lipman wrote:
>> This is hardly a WinXP question or problem.
>>
>> Please consult ASUS, networking and Router News Groups.
>>
>> Suggested:
>> alt.comp.networking.routers
>> alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
>
> Well, there didn't seem to be a microsoft.public.windowsxp.networking,
> so I put in .general, which seemed the closest match. I'm surprised
> that there's no .networking group under windowsxp.
>

> -Thufir

There's a microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web. And here's a list of
all the MS newsgroups:
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Ken Blake wrote:
> In news:1125535425.968267.174320@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
> hawat.thufir@gmail.com <hawat.thufir@gmail.com> typed:
>
> > Well, there didn't seem to be a
> > microsoft.public.windowsxp.networking,
> > so I put in .general, which seemed the closest match. I'm
> > surprised
> > that there's no .networking group under windowsxp.
>

> There is. Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

Ah, my fault. Thanks :)

-Thufir

hawat.thufir@gmail.com wrote:

> Ken Blake wrote:
>> In news:1125535425.968267.174320@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
>> hawat.thufir@gmail.com <hawat.thufir@gmail.com> typed:
>>
>>> Well, there didn't seem to be a
>>> microsoft.public.windowsxp.networking,
>>> so I put in .general, which seemed the closest match. I'm
>>> surprised
>>> that there's no .networking group under windowsxp.
>>

>> There is. Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup
>
> Ah, my fault. Thanks :)

Not a problem. You're welcome.

Ken Blake wrote:
> >> There is. Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web.
> > Ah, my fault. Thanks :)
>

> Not a problem. You're welcome.

I put a post over there titled "Multi-IP bridge environment," might
take a few tries. The ups and downs of usenet ;)

-Thufir