Outlook Express freezes only when sending MS Word documents?

BlackHole

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi,

Although I've seen this problem posted once somewhere before along with a solution,
I've been all over the net and can't find it anymore.

I have a brother who has WinXP-Pro, and Office (I'm not sure which version).

As of a week ago, whenever he emails using Outlook Express and attaches an
MS Word document, OE freezes just at the point of clicking the "Send" button.

We've succeeded sending a .jpg, .wmv and a .zip file up to one meg with no problems.

It's only with Microsoft Word documents that it freezes. Then you have to call up the
Task Manager to get out of it.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks,
Marcel

OGMarcel

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Oops, modify that. My brother just told me that these are ".RTF"
documents, not MS Word documents as previously thought, that he
scanned from his HP scanner (he always doing this to me).

Anyways, everything else is still the same, Outlook Express freezes
whenever he attaches these .rtf files, which happen to be associated
with MS Word.

Any solution?

Thanks much,
Marcel

blackhole@aol.com wrote in

> Hi,
>
> Although I've seen this problem posted once somewhere before along
> with a solution, I've been all over the net and can't find it anymore.
>
> I have a brother who has WinXP-Pro, and Office (I'm not sure which
> version).
>
> As of a week ago, whenever he emails using Outlook Express and
> attaches an MS Word document, OE freezes just at the point of clicking
> the "Send" button.
>
> We've succeeded sending a .jpg, .wmv and a .zip file up to one meg
> with no problems.
>
> It's only with Microsoft Word documents that it freezes. Then you have
> to call up the Task Manager to get out of it.
>
> Does anyone have a solution to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Marcel

Marcel,

If you do not find a fix, just zip the rtf files before sending. You said
no problem with zip files.

Instead of typing the newsgroup addresses and having typos...

[[To send your message to multiple newsgroups on the same news server, in
the New Message dialog box, click the icon next to Newsgroups. In the Pick
Newsgroups dialog box, click one or more newsgroups from the list (hold down
the CTRL key to select multiple newsgroups), and then click Add. You can
choose from all newsgroups or only those you subscribe to by clicking Show
only subscribed newsgroups.

You can send a given message to more than one newsgroup at a time only if
all the newsgroups are on the same news server. To post a message to
newsgroups on other news servers, create a separate message for each news
server.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eek:cCdnYR9gYZXZoneRVn-gw@giganews.com,
Marcel <blackhole@aol.com> hunted and pecked:
> Oops, modify that. My brother just told me that these are ".RTF"
> documents, not MS Word documents as previously thought, that he
> scanned from his HP scanner (he always doing this to me).
>
> Anyways, everything else is still the same, Outlook Express freezes
> whenever he attaches these .rtf files, which happen to be associated
> with MS Word.
>
> Any solution?
>
> Thanks much,
> Marcel
>
> blackhole@aol.com wrote in
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Although I've seen this problem posted once somewhere before along
>> with a solution, I've been all over the net and can't find it anymore.
>>
>> I have a brother who has WinXP-Pro, and Office (I'm not sure which
>> version).
>>
>> As of a week ago, whenever he emails using Outlook Express and
>> attaches an MS Word document, OE freezes just at the point of clicking
>> the "Send" button.
>>
>> We've succeeded sending a .jpg, .wmv and a .zip file up to one meg
>> with no problems.
>>
>> It's only with Microsoft Word documents that it freezes. Then you have
>> to call up the Task Manager to get out of it.
>>
>> Does anyone have a solution to this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Marcel

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)