Sign in with
Your question

I have an epson printer and for a couple of months when the ink cartridge is alm

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 25, 2010 5:30:06 PM

i have an epson printer and for a couple of months when the blue ink gets low it fills up again without me having to replace the cartridge can anyone explain this
this has happened about four times
Anonymous
September 25, 2010 5:54:21 PM

It's a miracle.

Or the electronics on your printer are telling lies about it being empty.

The bottom line is does it print ?
September 26, 2010 10:34:58 AM

yes it prints...before this happens i can hear the printer mixing the ink as if a new cartridge has been put in..then it shows on the monitor that the ink is at full again and it's not as if it's just showing that it's full...i can print so the ink must be there and it does this often yesterday it happened with the pink cartridge ...it was quarter full...the printer started mixing it up then the monitor showed the pink was full...and i hadn't replaced it
i'm not complaining...just curious
Related resources
September 26, 2010 2:25:51 PM

Dear currykid ... I think there is a Smurf living in your home.

We will do some research and get back to you.

In the meantime mousetraps may help solve the problem.

September 26, 2010 2:43:00 PM

What model is that Epson printer, I need to see about getting me one?
September 26, 2010 3:52:16 PM

it's an epson dx4200...i've had it for 3 years and it's just started doing this...i uninstalled it and then reinstalled it ...just to see if it made a difference but it didn't...it's weird...i stopped buying epson ink cartridges...because they were getting very expensive...now i buy compatible ink
September 26, 2010 3:57:55 PM

My wife has an Epson Workforce 500 and the cartridges are quite expensive any tips on how she can get the results you're getting?
September 27, 2010 11:17:11 AM

tell her to hold on to it for a couple of years ...and you never know?????
September 27, 2010 12:40:53 PM

Thanks for the advice!
!