Your question
Solved

Transfer emails from outlook

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2012 11:18:43 AM

Hello,
I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 and realised that I have lost Outlook Express. How do I get it into windows 7, bearing in mind that I cannot access it manually to transfer it?
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2012 11:26:34 AM

outlook is part of the office suite so you have to use your office disc to install it again or buy office 2010/2012
m
l
Related resources
November 12, 2012 11:59:11 AM

You can't get OE into Windows 7. You will have to use the free Windows Live Mail or install MS Office to use Outlook,
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2012 12:07:07 PM

I think she already upgrade to windows 7, and need help to export, import the data.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2012 1:22:39 PM

If you did not back up your Outlook Express emails and contacts before upgrading you will probably have to say goodbye to all that information. If you are lucky, it might be contained in the window.old folder. But if you reformatted then this is not an option.

Others might be able to elaborate further as the retrieved PST files will also need converting to the newer email software format.
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 19, 2012 1:51:49 PM

Best answer selected by Barbara_75.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 19, 2012 1:55:45 PM

Traildriver said:
If you did not back up your Outlook Express emails and contacts before upgrading you will probably have to say goodbye to all that information. If you are lucky, it might be contained in the window.old folder. But if you reformatted then this is not an option.

Others might be able to elaborate further as the retrieved PST files will also need converting to the newer email software format.

Hi Traildriver. I paid a PC guy £25 and he had all my emails, contacts back in under an hour. Seemed complicated and he had to deep into Dell files to find them but he did.
Windows Live Mail then converted everythinautomatically - great!!
Barbara_75
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 19, 2012 10:18:01 PM

Quote:
Hi Traildriver. I paid a PC guy £25 and he had all my emails, contacts back in under an hour. Seemed complicated and he had to deep into Dell files to find them but he did.
Windows Live Mail then converted everythinautomatically - great!!
Barbara_75

Sounds like they managed to retrieve and convert files located in the windows.old folder. £25 well spent.
m
l
!