Transfer emails from outlook

G

Hello,
I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 and realised that I have lost Outlook Express. How do I get it into windows 7, bearing in mind that I cannot access it manually to transfer it?

Solution
If you did not back up your Outlook Express emails and contacts before upgrading you will probably have to say goodbye to all that information. If you are lucky, it might be contained in the window.old folder. But if you reformatted then this is not an option.

Others might be able to elaborate further as the retrieved PST files will also need converting to the newer email software format.

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
If you did not back up your Outlook Express emails and contacts before upgrading you will probably have to say goodbye to all that information. If you are lucky, it might be contained in the window.old folder. But if you reformatted then this is not an option.

Others might be able to elaborate further as the retrieved PST files will also need converting to the newer email software format.

Solution
G

Hi Traildriver. I paid a PC guy £25 and he had all my emails, contacts back in under an hour. Seemed complicated and he had to deep into Dell files to find them but he did.
Windows Live Mail then converted everythinautomatically - great!!
Barbara_75

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Hi Traildriver. I paid a PC guy £25 and he had all my emails, contacts back in under an hour. Seemed complicated and he had to deep into Dell files to find them but he did.
Windows Live Mail then converted everythinautomatically - great!!
Barbara_75

Sounds like they managed to retrieve and convert files located in the windows.old folder. £25 well spent.

TRENDING THREADS