Dimension 2400 bracket

Anyone know where I can get a spare bracket to house an additional 3.5in
hard drive? There is space inside the case, but nothing to screw into.
10 answers Last reply
More about dimension 2400 bracket

    Supposedly Dell has them, but it seems nobody can get one. Another place is
    http://www.issue-resolved.com/

    "GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message
    > Anyone know where I can get a spare bracket to house an additional 3.5in
    > hard drive? There is space inside the case, but nothing to screw into.

    If you don't have a second optical (CD or DVD) drive, put a couple 3 1/2 to
    5 1/4 brackets on it and put it in the second bay. That's what I did.

    Tom
    "joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Supposedly Dell has them, but it seems nobody can get one. Another place
    is
    > http://www.issue-resolved.com/
    >
    > "GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message
    > > Anyone know where I can get a spare bracket to house an additional 3.5in
    > > hard drive? There is space inside the case, but nothing to screw into.

    You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.

    Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number 0t962. It
    will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00 shipping.
    You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.

    It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.

    Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message news:4Fboc.12629$Lm3.9575@lakeread04...
    > You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.
    >
    > Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number 0t962.
    It
    > will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00
    shipping.
    > You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.
    >
    > It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.

    Thanks - that's just what I needed to know.

    issues-resolved charges $25 which is a bit OTT in my opinion.

    > "joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > Supposedly Dell has them, but it seems nobody can get one. Another place
    > is
    > > http://www.issue-resolved.com/
    > >
    > > "GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message
    > > > Anyone know where I can get a spare bracket to house an additional
    3.5in
    > > > hard drive? There is space inside the case, but nothing to screw
    into.

    Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message news:4Fboc.12629$Lm3.9575@lakeread04...
    > You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.
    >
    > Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number 0t962.
    It
    > will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00
    shipping.
    > You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.
    >
    > It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.

    The position in the UK is ridiculous. Dell do not sell these items to end
    users. There is a company called service source on 01925 260 830. They have
    the part in stock but they charge 35 Pounds plus 7 Pounds delivery. That's
    around $80 for a mass-produced bit of bent metal.

    The alternative is to buy a complete drive including bracket from Dell. That
    costs 150 Pounds, compared to the cost of the drive without brackets from an
    online store of 60 Pounds.

    There are pluses and minuses in buying Dell stuff. This is definitely a
    minus.

    I'll get an adapter for the 5.25inch drive bay for a few pence isntead.

    Sorry, I did not realise (sic) that you were across the pond. It is
    unfortunate that they make it so hard to get the bracket. If it gets cost
    prohibitive, you might want to consider a larger hard drive as a full
    replacement - or get an external drive. I have an external WD 80 Gb that
    works quite nicely. I use it between machines for backup, etc.

    Good luck.

    > Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message
    > > You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.
    > >
    > > Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number 0t962.
    > It
    > > will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00
    > shipping.
    > > You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.
    > >
    > > It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.
    > >

    > The position in the UK is ridiculous. Dell do not sell these items to end
    > users. There is a company called service source on 01925 260 830. They
    have
    > the part in stock but they charge 35 Pounds plus 7 Pounds delivery. That's
    > around $80 for a mass-produced bit of bent metal.
    >
    > The alternative is to buy a complete drive including bracket from Dell.
    That
    > costs 150 Pounds, compared to the cost of the drive without brackets from
    an
    > online store of 60 Pounds.
    >
    > There are pluses and minuses in buying Dell stuff. This is definitely a
    > minus.
    >
    > I'll get an adapter for the 5.25inch drive bay for a few pence isntead.

    I've got the same USB WD 80GB drive for my 2400. Works great and XP sets it
    up easily.
    HH

    > Sorry, I did not realise (sic) that you were across the pond. It is
    > unfortunate that they make it so hard to get the bracket. If it gets cost
    > prohibitive, you might want to consider a larger hard drive as a full
    > replacement - or get an external drive. I have an external WD 80 Gb that
    > works quite nicely. I use it between machines for backup, etc.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >

    > "GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message
    > > > You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.
    > > >
    > > > Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number
    0t962.
    > > It
    > > > will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00
    > > shipping.
    > > > You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.
    > > >
    > > > It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.
    > > >

    > > The position in the UK is ridiculous. Dell do not sell these items to
    end
    > > users. There is a company called service source on 01925 260 830. They
    > have
    > > the part in stock but they charge 35 Pounds plus 7 Pounds delivery.
    That's
    > > around $80 for a mass-produced bit of bent metal.
    > >
    > > The alternative is to buy a complete drive including bracket from Dell.
    > That
    > > costs 150 Pounds, compared to the cost of the drive without brackets
    from
    > an
    > > online store of 60 Pounds.
    > >
    > > There are pluses and minuses in buying Dell stuff. This is definitely a
    > > minus.
    > >
    > > I'll get an adapter for the 5.25inch drive bay for a few pence isntead.

    Or get one of these (got one and they work great):
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.ap?description=17-145-314&depa=0

    And you got a nice portable drive too!

    "GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message

    > Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message
    > > You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.
    > >
    > > Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number 0t962.
    > It
    > > will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00
    > shipping.
    > > You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.
    > >
    > > It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.
    > >

    > The position in the UK is ridiculous. Dell do not sell these items to end
    > users. There is a company called service source on 01925 260 830. They
    have
    > the part in stock but they charge 35 Pounds plus 7 Pounds delivery. That's
    > around $80 for a mass-produced bit of bent metal.
    >
    > The alternative is to buy a complete drive including bracket from Dell.
    That
    > costs 150 Pounds, compared to the cost of the drive without brackets from
    an
    > online store of 60 Pounds.
    >
    > There are pluses and minuses in buying Dell stuff. This is definitely a
    > minus.
    >
    > I'll get an adapter for the 5.25inch drive bay for a few pence isntead.

    I have two 250GB USB2 drives, one 200GB USB2 drive, one internal 80GB drive
    and one internal 250GB drive on my 2400. Typing on it as we speak,
    projected on my new Dell 4100MP projector. A little over a terabyte on a
    2400 :)

    Tom
    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've got the same USB WD 80GB drive for my 2400. Works great and XP sets
    it
    > up easily.
    > HH
    >
    > "Art N" <an@home.com> wrote in message
    > > Sorry, I did not realise (sic) that you were across the pond. It is
    > > unfortunate that they make it so hard to get the bracket. If it gets
    cost
    > > prohibitive, you might want to consider a larger hard drive as a full
    > > replacement - or get an external drive. I have an external WD 80 Gb
    that
    > > works quite nicely. I use it between machines for backup, etc.
    > >
    > > Good luck.
    > >

    > > "GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message

    > 0t962.
    > > > It
    > > > shipping.

    > > > The position in the UK is ridiculous. Dell do not sell these items to
    > end
    > > > users. There is a company called service source on 01925 260 830. They
    > > have
    > > > the part in stock but they charge 35 Pounds plus 7 Pounds delivery.
    > That's
    > > > around $80 for a mass-produced bit of bent metal.
    > > >
    > > > The alternative is to buy a complete drive including bracket from
    Dell.
    > > That
    > > > costs 150 Pounds, compared to the cost of the drive without brackets
    > from
    > > an
    > > > online store of 60 Pounds.
    > > >
    > > > There are pluses and minuses in buying Dell stuff. This is definitely
    > > > minus.
    > > >
    > > > I'll get an adapter for the 5.25inch drive bay for a few pence
    isntead.

    Why did I know your post would follow?? Hmmmmm.
    HH

Dell Hard Drives Dimension Computers