VPN connection establish but drop when wireless.

ALP

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2004

The wireless connection is from a new Dell Latitude that
has built in 802.11G. OS I am running XP Pro SP2.

The MS Router is the MN-700 with firmware update as of
today 8-21-04. I like the ease of updating firmware. Well
done MS.

I am connecting wirelessly and can establish a MS VPN
connection using the built in XP VPN client. I get the
connection quickly. The VPN connection stays connect some
3 to 5 minutes and then drops. It "appears" I stay
connected to the router and have web access. I think I am
just losing the VPN conenction. If I am cable connected I
also have this issue. This is NOT stricktly a wireless
connected VPN issue.

Anyone know what the deal here could be?

Thanks,
Al

joker

It looks like you need to do some persistent port forwarding (I'm not
sure what ports you will need to forward as each client software is
different).

Also start using WPA on the MN-700 & enable 802.1x authentication (This
is because when the MN-700 is using WPA it is a 802.1x authentication
server).

If that doesn't work the only solution I know of is use an ethernet cord
when you need to VPN.