After installing several of the Windows updates, I now am prompted to log in
every time I restart my computer, even though I have never set up a Windows
password on the computer. I am the only "user" on the computer and have
administrator privileges.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
ct

Can you just click your username, without entering a password? If so:

1) Go to Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
2) Highlight the user account you want logged on automatically
3) Uncheck Users must enter a username and password..........
4) Click Apply
5) In the next dialog, enter the password, if any, for the account you chose in step 2.
6) Ok your way out.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"C.T." <C.T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AF110B9-B863-4C8E-991B-AD4B37C1E815@microsoft.com...
> After installing several of the Windows updates, I now am prompted to log in
> every time I restart my computer, even though I have never set up a Windows
> password on the computer. I am the only "user" on the computer and have
> administrator privileges.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> ct