My computer just got a blue screen

ThatsMyNameDude

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Just now, I got a blue screen and it said that my computer does not have enough memmory.

I had google chrome open with roughly 6 tabs with skype open and Im skypeing with a friend.

My system specs are
i7 2600k
gtx 560 asus dcu2
8gb ddr3 1600 but running at 1333 due to motherboard
asus p8H77V LE
hdd seagate barracuda 1tb
ssd crucial m4 64gb
windows 7 64bit

I disabled pagefile from my SSD and enabled 12gb of pagefile on my HDD. Even though its slow, it still has pagefile to access.

When my computer rebooted, I continued on skype and checked my ram usage and it was around 2.2gb of ram usage with google chrome open.

SO, My ram was not even half used and i had pagefile enabled 12gb and i got a bluescreen saying not enough memmory. I do not get it. Anyone can help me?

And there were very little processes running on the background when it crashed. Just nvidia control panel, ai suite 2 and a windows alert and a windows protector

ThatsMyNameDude

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012

Nope. Its just once. Not often. My psu is 500watt GOLD. And it should be more than enough for my system. But could you tell me what has happened?

rene13cross

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

MS Windows happened.

No but seriously, it's really hard to tell. Could be anything you see. Perhaps a failing storage drive, failing DIMM, possibly even a failing CPU...
For now I would advise you to just carry on normally since it only happened once. If it happens again, becomes more frequent, you'll know something's wrong.

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I would run memtest just to make sure. As others said it just might be a glitch, often times if the PC hasn't been running for a good period of time. Is the PC new/used? Or have you used this PC for quite a while? Normally though any time you get a blue screen though it's a good idea to check out what stop error it produced. Checking with memtest (memory being your problem) won't hurt & you might even find out there was a problem. Also i'd make sure your PC is hooked up to a surge protector. It'll help keep your PSU from causing problems (not 100% protected tho, all PSU's fail at some point) & will help keep your system run smoothly.