Cannot delet ntuser.dat

My cousin gets the following error message when she tries to open Outlook
Express:

Error Deleting File or Folder

Cannot delete ntuser.dat: It is being used by another person or program
Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

TIA.

Noshanks

Start here: http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#crash
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Jimmie Noshanks wrote:
> My cousin gets the following error message when she tries to open Outlook
> Express:
>
> Error Deleting File or Folder
>
> Cannot delete ntuser.dat: It is being used by another person or program
> Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

> TIA.
>
> Noshanks

She gets that when opening Outlook Express?
Opening Outlook Express shouldn't delete anything!
Sounds like she needs a good AV Scan!

--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

"NotMe" <cargod01@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> She gets that when opening Outlook Express?
> Opening Outlook Express shouldn't delete anything!
> Sounds like she needs a good AV Scan!
>
> --
> A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
> "Jimmie Noshanks" <noshanks@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
> > My cousin gets the following error message when she tries to open
Outlook
> > Express:
> > Error Deleting File or Folder
> > Cannot delete ntuser.dat: It is being used by another person or program
> > Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.
> > TIA.
> > Noshanks

I'll give it a try.

Thanks.