How to keep printer working despite "low ink estimate"

vetgirl7403

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Hello,
Much like other individuals here, I need help with the ink settings on my HP Photosmart Plus, model B209a Printer. I'm not as lucky as other individuals whose messages still gives then the option to see a window that says "low ink, replace cartridge" and they can click ignore to continue to print.
Like a child throwing a temper tantrum, my printer just stops working, without even a warning message when it "estimates" low ink. It doesn't even pop up a window to say "hey this is why I suddenly stopped printing." I have to manually go into the menu to look to see if the reason why it stopped printing is because the ink is supposedly low. I say supposedly because this is the third time I've purchased and replaced the ink since the printer estimates it is about to run out when there is clearly plenty of ink left in the cartridge. I'm tired of replacing ink that doesn't need to be replaced !
I have looked on the HP help website and directions on how to use printer, but there is no information on this...it just say to replace the cartridge and the printer will work again.
How can I override the ink settings so I can continue to use the cartridges for as long as they are meant to be used without the printing having a hissy fit and stop working ?

Take a look around the settings on the printer itself and see if there is a test mode option. In HP's laser jets, there is a test mode that will allow you to print whatever you want, regardless of ink levels. However, I'm unsure of whether this option applies to non-laser printers.

TRENDING THREADS