Surge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2004

Hello,

I have an old pc that used to have windows xp but the hard drive failed and
the maker no longer sends out recovery discs.

I know I'll probably have to buy XP again so I was wondering if I could use
the upgrade edition. I have an old windows ME upgrade CD, would that count as
useable media for the upgrade?

Thank you.

Yes, the Windows ME Upgrade CD will suffice a qualifying media for the
Windows XP Upgrade.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"surge" <surge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have an old pc that used to have windows xp but the hard drive failed
> and
> the maker no longer sends out recovery discs.
>
> I know I'll probably have to buy XP again so I was wondering if I could
> use
> the upgrade edition. I have an old windows ME upgrade CD, would that count
> as
> useable media for the upgrade?
>
> Thank you.

Remember you do NOT have to install ME. All you need do is start to install
the Windows XP upgrade and when it asks for a qualifying product take the CD
out and put in the ME CD upgrade in. It will qualify and then you return
your XP Upgrade CD back to the CD Player and away you go.

--
George Hester