Sign in with
Your question

What does bose controller do?

Last response: in Home Audio
September 12, 2011 7:56:27 AM

Hello,

Could someone explain exactly what a Bose "controller" does please? I have sort of inherited one for our church PA system and need to understand what it does and whether I actually need it or not?

Thanks,

More about : bose controller

September 12, 2011 8:49:15 AM

it wont be needed for such PA system.
September 12, 2011 11:10:51 AM

Ideal - thanks. As a matter of interest it appears to be a glorified graphic of some sort adjusting frequencise for the BOSe speaker nuits - is that correct?

Related resources
September 12, 2011 11:38:21 AM

ye, its nothing special... its just got its bose name on it :) 
September 12, 2011 12:52:27 PM

thank you!
September 14, 2011 1:17:35 AM

it is most likely an equalizer made to use with 402's or 802's . the response curve of a full range driver is typically lacking on the highs and lows and has plenty of mids . that being said an equalizer is the way to overcome these characteristics to acheive a flat response which in essence is clean clear balanced sound .
September 14, 2011 12:26:42 PM

equalizing, always results in pushing the speaker over its natural response limit.
September 14, 2011 2:41:59 PM

sometimes , but definitely not always . sometimes the amplifier is a fault for this there is a relation between the speakers and the amplifier driving them . yes the more you boost any one frequency on any eq essentially the more you are asking of the speaker and the amplifier driving. now it also depends on how you use the equalizer , a lot of people start by boosting frequencies , where as i prefer to cut frequencies that are a nuisance to my ear .

now as for the bose 901's 802's 402's which is what the bose controller probably was intended for these are all very hungry for high current power they want a lot of wattage, and if they aren't powered adequately they will cause the amp to clip out instead of playing low bass and the rest of the sound would just be otherwise lacking .
September 15, 2011 12:06:39 PM

they are power hungry, yet they also have durable drivers, which was the main reason, that these speakers are used in most indoor venues... or just a PA system like in theme parks.
March 20, 2012 2:23:47 AM

brittjerry said:
Hello,

Could someone explain exactly what a Bose "controller" does please? I have sort of inherited one for our church PA system and need to understand what it does and whether I actually need it or not?

Thanks,

They are intended to use with bose 802 series speakers. i own a pair of them
!