How to Install Motherboard Updates

When I first assembled my pc I installed my drivers from the motherboard disc. Now I want to update them to the latest version. How does this work? Do I just install over the old ones or do I have to uninstall. Also in the dowloads page of my motherboard I see.

Intel(R) Management Engine Interface V8.1.10.1275 for Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL), my version is V7.1.21.1124, should I update this as well.

P9x79 Pro
7 answers Last reply
More about install motherboard updates
  1. The latest drivers are on the manufacturer website.
    You may need to delete the current driver, before installing new ones.
    The antivirus and firewall must be OFF to install drivers.
    Install drivers, restart the computer, turn the antivirus and firewall back ON.
    If the antivirus or firewall is ON, the installation of drivers may be blocked...the security "thinks" the computer is being attacked.
  2. soundguruman said:
    The latest drivers are on the manufacturer website.
    You may need to delete the current driver, before installing new ones.
    The antivirus and firewall must be OFF to install drivers.
    Install drivers, restart the computer, turn the antivirus and firewall back ON.
    If the antivirus or firewall is ON, the installation of drivers may be blocked...the security "thinks" the computer is being attacked.

I have never seen this in 20 yrs of working on computers that a driver like this would cause an antivirus program to block it.
  3. ahnilated said:
    I have never seen this in 20 yrs of working on computers that a driver like this would cause an antivirus program to block it.

Do I have to uninstall old chipset drivers first and if so where do I find it to uninstall. Running Windows 7
  4. You can just go to device manager and right click and check for updates. Are you having some sort of problem?
  5. wanderer11 said:
    You can just go to device manager and right click and check for updates. Are you having some sort of problem?

It appears as up to date even though it is not.
  6. In that case download the driver from the company's website and uninstall via device manager then install the driver you downloaded.
  7. wanderer11 said:
    In that case download the driver from the company's website and uninstall via device manager then install the driver you downloaded.

Cannot find the chipset uninstall in the control panel and in device manager it only allows for me to uninstall individual drivers not the whole suite of drivers included in the chipset driver.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Motherboards Windows 7