Sharing of drive c:

I just noticed in the Sharing properties of my C: drive that it is set
as "Share this folder". Is this the default? I am not in a network
environment and I would like to disable this setting if it compromises
the security of my PC. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about sharing drive

    Hi Ira,

    This should help explain:

    How to create and delete hidden or administrative shares on client computers
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314984

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    <jramaley@iname.com> wrote in message
    >I just noticed in the Sharing properties of my C: drive that it is set
    > as "Share this folder". Is this the default? I am not in a network
    > environment and I would like to disable this setting if it compromises
    > the security of my PC. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > thanks

Microsoft Windows XP