Can't run downloaded game - URGENT!

ChaseCTech

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I am trying to play a game called Tribes: Ascend, which I downloaded from Steam. Unfortunately, it will not run. Earlier today, I deleted some files, including .dll files, to make space for the game (the files seemed useless). I probably shouldn't have done this. First, it popped up with an error that days I was missing a .dll file that was required to play the game, which I think I have fixed. Now, an error pops up saying: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application." How can I fix this problem?

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012

+1

This is the way to go. I installed COD: Black Ops (original) which uses DX9 and got the same error messages. Reinstall DX 11 and it fixes it right up.

You shouldn't have done that.

Never delete DLL files, they are really important!

Any DirectX file with an _XX where XX is a number is a DirectX wrapper library, it's necessary to ensure that the game developers have consistent behavior even if Microsoft chooses to update DirectX

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Where did you delete dll files from?

If it was from the game directory, that is not smart, but not a huge deal. If you deleted them from the windows folder you may have borked your whole windows install. If you find a lot of programs no longer work correctly, you may want to system restore/reinstall windows.

Edit: Also, good choice of games :)