The U.S. players have been challenged!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 24, 2005 8:02:30 PM

The U.S. has been challenged to what is basically a "Pinball World Cup"
by the defending swedish team at PAPA8. Think of it as 3 olympic events
(Head to head, split flipper doubles, & Triples match)Pinbrawl style
with the winning country recieving a yet un-named trophy which that
country keeps until it is lost. Attached is the formal challenge and
rules. I am posting this to RGP on behalf of the swedish team. (Note:
this will not be an official PAPA sanctioned event but Kevin was nice
enough to give permission to have it happen at the PAPA building)

> > > "I was wondering if you would be interested in setting
> > > up a Sweden (yup, the reigning European Champs :)  ) vs. USA challenge
> > > at PAPA 8?
> > > The rules
> > > were quite simple: 5 players in each team. Every player had to play
> > > all the players in the opposing team once. During "halftime" we
> > > played two split-flipper matches and two triples (three players, one
> > > ball each).
> > >

> > > And, I might add that 1 point were given to the team for a win. 2
> > > points for a split-flippers win and 3 points for a triples win.
> > >
> > > That would be ..ummmh.. 25 + 4 + 6 = 35 points to play for in this
> > > Sweden - USA match.
> > >
> > > And, I think it would be cool to set up some kind of tradition: every
> > > year at PAPA a US team
play the reigning European champs?!

More about : players challenged

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 10:37:38 PM

how you gonna pick the US team?
oooooh, ooooh ooooooh Pick me
l8r
UFO
July 24, 2005 10:41:52 PM

Random number generator
July 25, 2005 1:29:08 AM

what if the random number picks one of the sweds and pretend they are
US :)  Is this special tourney going to cost anything?
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 4:30:06 AM

How can I possibly get on that US Team?
July 25, 2005 8:05:16 AM

KME wrote:
> The U.S. has been challenged to what is basically a "Pinball World Cup"
> by the defending swedish team at PAPA8. Think of it as 3 olympic events
> (Head to head, split flipper doubles, & Triples match)Pinbrawl style
> with the winning country recieving a yet un-named trophy which that
> country keeps until it is lost. Attached is the formal challenge and
> rules. I am posting this to RGP on behalf of the swedish team. (Note:
> this will not be an official PAPA sanctioned event but Kevin was nice
> enough to give permission to have it happen at the PAPA building)

Roy Wils can't pretend to be Swedish, right?

I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.

> play the reigning European champs?!
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 9:32:54 AM

CAH skrev:
> KME wrote:
> > The U.S. has been challenged to what is basically a "Pinball World Cup"
> > by the defending swedish team at PAPA8. Think of it as 3 olympic events
> > (Head to head, split flipper doubles, & Triples match)Pinbrawl style
> > with the winning country recieving a yet un-named trophy which that
> > country keeps until it is lost. Attached is the formal challenge and
> > rules. I am posting this to RGP on behalf of the swedish team. (Note:
> > this will not be an official PAPA sanctioned event but Kevin was nice
> > enough to give permission to have it happen at the PAPA building)
>
> Roy Wils can't pretend to be Swedish, right?

Nope, and we don't want him in the team anyway.
Only pure Swedes in the team.
It looks like the Swedish team will consist of:

Stefan "FEZ" Andersson - winner of Stockholm Open
http://www.pinballhighscores.org/presentation.php?user_...

Jörgen "IFK" Holm - Winner of Swedish championship, runner up in
Stockholm Open and part of the Swedish European Championship team.
http://www.pinballhighscores.org/presentation.php?user_...

Mats "MCR" Runsten - part of Swedish European Championship team, 9th in
PAPA-04, 3th in last Swedish championship
http://www.pinballhighscores.org/presentation.php?user_...

Fredrik "F L" Lindberg - Winner of Stockholm Open 04

Karl "KGB" Broström - Runner up in Swedish Championship, 4th in PAPA 6
World Championship Division Finals and 6th in the B-finals the same
year.

> I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
> EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.

lol, yes Fredrik will join the 10 or so Swedes that will come over this
year.
We hope we will get to keep our luggage so we don't get to wear the
same smelly clothes for the entire tournament this year :-)

> > play the reigning European champs?!
July 25, 2005 9:54:45 AM

> Roy Wils can't pretend to be Swedish, right?

No, but last year two swedes got just as far as Roy. And Roy will be
there for the main tournament.

> I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
> EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.

He will be there, but I don't know if he will be in the Swedish team.

Swedes that so far have confirmed PAPA participation this year:

APB - Per Holknekt
EPC Classics 2005: 1st
Danish Championships 2004: 2nd

DAN - Daniel Borg

FEZ - Stefan Andersson
Stockholm Open 2005: 1st
Stockholm Open 2004: 3rd

F L - Fredrik Lindberg
Swedish Championships 1996: 2nd
Stockholm Open 2005: 3rd
Stockholm Open 2004: 1st

IFK - Jörgen Holm
EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
Swedish Championships 2004: 1st
Swedish Championships 2003: 4th
Danish Championships 2004: 4th
Stockholm Open 2005: 2nd

KGB - Karl Broström
PAPA 1996: 4th
EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
Dutch Pinball Open 2004: 4th
Swedish Championships 2004: 2nd
Swedish Championships 2003: 3rd

MCR - Mats Runsten
PAPA 2004: 9th (tie)
EPC 2005: 5th (tie)
EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
Swedish Championships 2004: 3rd
Swedish Championships 1996: 3rd
Danish Championships 2004: 3rd
Stockholm Open 2004: 2nd

PAL - Patrik Bodin
PAPA 2004: 9th (tie)
Danish Championships 2004: 1st
Stockholm Open 2004: 4th

PET - Peter Ahremark

SVE - Svante Eriksson

YOO - Helena Walter
Dutch Pinball Open Women 2003: 4th
Swedish Championships 2004: Best female
Swedish Championships 2003: Best female
Stockholm Open 2005: Best female
July 25, 2005 9:55:13 AM

> Roy Wils can't pretend to be Swedish, right?

No, but last year two swedes got just as far as Roy. And Roy will be
there for the main tournament.

> I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
> EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.

He will be there, but I don't know if he will be in the Swedish team.

Swedes that so far have confirmed PAPA participation this year:

APB - Per Holknekt
EPC Classics 2005: 1st
Danish Championships 2004: 2nd

DAN - Daniel Borg

FEZ - Stefan Andersson
Stockholm Open 2005: 1st
Stockholm Open 2004: 3rd

F L - Fredrik Lindberg
Swedish Championships 1996: 2nd
Stockholm Open 2005: 3rd
Stockholm Open 2004: 1st

IFK - Jörgen Holm
EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
Swedish Championships 2004: 1st
Swedish Championships 2003: 4th
Danish Championships 2004: 4th
Stockholm Open 2005: 2nd

KGB - Karl Broström
PAPA 1996: 4th
EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
Dutch Pinball Open 2004: 4th
Swedish Championships 2004: 2nd
Swedish Championships 2003: 3rd

MCR - Mats Runsten
PAPA 2004: 9th (tie)
EPC 2005: 5th (tie)
EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
Swedish Championships 2004: 3rd
Swedish Championships 1996: 3rd
Danish Championships 2004: 3rd
Stockholm Open 2004: 2nd

PAL - Patrik Bodin
PAPA 2004: 9th (tie)
Danish Championships 2004: 1st
Stockholm Open 2004: 4th

PET - Peter Ahremark

SVE - Svante Eriksson

YOO - Helena Walter
Dutch Pinball Open Women 2003: 4th
Swedish Championships 2004: Best female
Swedish Championships 2003: Best female
Stockholm Open 2005: Best female
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 11:36:16 AM

Well, I will be available for the country showdown and cash games. I
even have some SEK left. I better hope for the random generator,
because I don't think I would make the top 5.

Chris

CAH wrote:

I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:36:22 PM

My Man Chris how ya doin :)

nice to see you here on RGP
i hope you will have an exiting time over there at CAX.

they wrote :

'Roy Wils can't pretend to be Swedish, right?'

NO i WON't Pretend to be swedish.. i'm proud of where i've been born
and they will regret to leave me hanging in the wild,
because i'm also planning to setup a nice DUTCH Pinball team as Well,.
if they don't accept me in the team.

i hope there is place for another 'dutch' team :)  we do like this we
throw some cash into it,. make it fun and exciting.
and then let's see whois the best Team of the World.

and about the Swedish Team. i respect those guys. great players.and yes
they came far in the individual tournament @ EPC but not as far as i
did go over there on their own. :p

i have also some statistics as well.

Roy Wils 25 Years old
playing pinball
allready at the time that i only could see the playfield on a
chair(5yrs
)

Dutch Pinball Championships
2002 '4th Place'
2004 '2th Place
European Championships
2005 'first place'
German Pinball Championships
2003 '2th place'
2005 '2th place'
Belgium Pinball Championships
2004 '3th place
Nijmeegse Pinball Championships (local event)
2003 'first place'
Pinburgh
2003 '12th place'
PAPA 7
2004 maded through the though qualifications, and ended up '11th place'

PAPA will be the Dominating place of Pinball..

Love to be there. it will be exciting that's for sure

Tha Dutch *Tommy* 'European Champion' CyBeRRoy

LeaveManyCredits schreef:
> Well, I will be available for the country showdown and cash games. I
> even have some SEK left. I better hope for the random generator,
> because I don't think I would make the top 5.
>
> Chris
>

> CAH wrote:
>
> I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
> EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.
July 25, 2005 2:05:30 PM

What, no Mad Max?
July 25, 2005 2:14:26 PM

>Well, I will be available for the country showdown and cash games. I
>even have some SEK left. I better hope for the random generator,
>because I don't think I would make the top 5.

>Chris

Actually the Swedish team has picked who they want to play and in no
particular order:

Lyman, Bowen, KME, Neil "Bulldog" Shatz & Jim Belsito. 1st alternate:
Paul Madison.

Lyman & Bowen are questionable due to possible schedule conflicts so
that may leave a spot open for ya Chris :)
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 2:27:40 PM

I'm up for the foriegn currency games.
Current conversion rate:

1 SEK = 14.2757 JPY 1 JPY = 0.0700491 SEK

Roy, good to see the European Champion posting on RGP. :)  I am looking
forward to seeing you in a few days.

KME, the Swedes have chosen the very best. If they defeat y'all it
will be well deserved. I will cheerlead from the sidelines. :)

Chris

Kevin Martin wrote:
> LeaveManyCredits wrote:
> > Well, I will be available for the country showdown and cash games. I
> > even have some SEK left. I better hope for the random generator,
> > because I don't think I would make the top 5.
>
> I think I cashed in my SEK, but I'll play you some Yen against
> SEK if we get a chance ;)
>
> Kevin
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 3:14:11 PM

LeaveManyCredits wrote:
> Well, I will be available for the country showdown and cash games. I
> even have some SEK left. I better hope for the random generator,
> because I don't think I would make the top 5.

I think I cashed in my SEK, but I'll play you some Yen against
SEK if we get a chance ;)

Kevin
July 25, 2005 3:52:41 PM

Kevin Martin wrote:
> LeaveManyCredits wrote:
> > Well, I will be available for the country showdown and cash games. I
> > even have some SEK left. I better hope for the random generator,
> > because I don't think I would make the top 5.
>
> I think I cashed in my SEK, but I'll play you some Yen against
> SEK if we get a chance ;)

You had any SEK left? I thought you got cleaned out....

> Kevin
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 4:35:31 PM

'Wrote'

Roy, good to see the European Champion posting on RGP. :)  I am looking

forward to seeing you in a few days.

KME, the Swedes have chosen the very best. If they defeat y'all it
will be well deserved. I will cheerlead from the sidelines. :)

Chris

---------------------

Well Chris,.

if i had the option to take you in my 'still needs to be established'
team.i would bet for you. and take you in.
You are an terrific Good Player. Chris.

Maybe there is an other option for you 'and other US players' Chris.
because besides the 'mighty 5' which are allready preselected.

maybe there should also be an opening to make a SECOND Usa Team.
that should be more fair and fun in my opinion. will be much nicer.
increases the pricepool too :)

but do we have the time for it over there?
and who will be in charge to run the tournament?
kevin? maybe it can run simultaneous at PAPA?

or do we have to run it by our own?

anyway what it will be.. it's nice to think about this. and makes PAPA
more fun then it allready is :)

PS Last Note..

Chris i hope that you will get some nice results @ CAX about ín 2
weeks. will speak at ya in person in 18 days.. till then man.

Tha Dutch *Tommy* E'C CyBeRRoy
July 25, 2005 4:52:53 PM

*Tommy*CyBeRRoy wrote:
> 'Wrote'
>
> Roy, good to see the European Champion posting on RGP. :)  I am looking
>
> forward to seeing you in a few days.
>

> KME, the Swedes have chosen the very best. If they defeat y'all it
> will be well deserved. I will cheerlead from the sidelines. :)
>

> Chris
>
> ---------------------
>
> Well Chris,.
>
> if i had the option to take you in my 'still needs to be established'
> team.i would bet for you. and take you in.
> You are an terrific Good Player. Chris.
>
> Maybe there is an other option for you 'and other US players' Chris.
> because besides the 'mighty 5' which are allready preselected.
>
> maybe there should also be an opening to make a SECOND Usa Team.
> that should be more fair and fun in my opinion. will be much nicer.
> increases the pricepool too :)
>
> but do we have the time for it over there?
> and who will be in charge to run the tournament?
> kevin? maybe it can run simultaneous at PAPA?

Just run it as a side tournament. We did this at Fairfax Pinball Open
with some success. You may need K-Mart's permission to run a side
tournament on his property, I'm not sure.

I would assume we would just pick "the best" of his non-tournament
games, either by player challenge or by lot.

I'll do the organizing myself if anyone wants, I could use the excuse
to watch the best in action (and the ULTIMATE grudge match, Shatz vs.
EuroShatz).

> or do we have to run it by our own?
>
> anyway what it will be.. it's nice to think about this. and makes PAPA
> more fun then it allready is :)
>
> PS Last Note..
>
> Chris i hope that you will get some nice results @ CAX about ín 2
> weeks. will speak at ya in person in 18 days.. till then man.
>
> Tha Dutch *Tommy* E'C CyBeRRoy
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 5:45:02 PM

i hope no Mad Max either.. this Year

it's nice to get some cops attention for our sight,. but seriously

this men likes to abuse 'good' people..

what can i further say about him.. he used to be an nice person in the
older days.

the cause of it should be Weed, because it CAN cause some serious
braindamage if been used in the long term period.

the results of it was been seeing @ last papa. also at EPC.
where almost a fight came at the desk with 1 of the gentlemens behind
it.

let's hope max will be not around the PAPA HQ this Year..
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:03:01 AM

Mad Max was dutch, not Swede. The Dutch were Mad Max, sibling boy, the
strange guy in pony tail and so on.

The Swedes on the other hand were the foul-smelling pigs that seemed to
never change their clothes during the whole week-end. Partially because
we lost all our luggage on the flight over the pond and partially
because we're foul-smelling pigs :-P

See ya all there.
Svante
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:24:57 AM

CAH wrote:
>>and who will be in charge to run the tournament?
>>kevin? maybe it can run simultaneous at PAPA?
>
> Just run it as a side tournament. We did this at Fairfax Pinball Open
> with some success. You may need K-Mart's permission to run a side
> tournament on his property, I'm not sure.

You know what they say... "It's More Fun To Compete". As long
as no one is gambling on the premises, or breaking any laws or
the rules laid out on the PAPA site, by all means, compete all
you want, and have fun :)

I suppose that technically wagering on a game is illegal, so
don't let me hear about it.

Kevin
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:25:49 AM

CAH wrote:
> You had any SEK left? I thought you got cleaned out....

OK, you're right, I spent most of it on drinks and
pinball. The rest, I wasted!

Kevin
July 26, 2005 10:18:12 AM

Kevin Martin wrote:
> CAH wrote:
> >>and who will be in charge to run the tournament?
> >>kevin? maybe it can run simultaneous at PAPA?
> >
> > Just run it as a side tournament. We did this at Fairfax Pinball Open
> > with some success. You may need K-Mart's permission to run a side
> > tournament on his property, I'm not sure.
>
> You know what they say... "It's More Fun To Compete". As long
> as no one is gambling on the premises, or breaking any laws or
> the rules laid out on the PAPA site, by all means, compete all
> you want, and have fun :)
>
> I suppose that technically wagering on a game is illegal, so
> don't let me hear about it.

But Chris has challenged you to some SEK stakes..... I'd like to hear
how you plan to look the other way on YOURSELF.

> Kevin
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:45:09 AM

CAH wrote:
> Kevin Martin wrote:
> > >
> > > Just run it as a side tournament. We did this at Fairfax Pinball Open
> > > with some success. You may need K-Mart's permission to run a side
> > > tournament on his property, I'm not sure.
> >
> > You know what they say... "It's More Fun To Compete". As long
> > as no one is gambling on the premises, or breaking any laws or
> > the rules laid out on the PAPA site, by all means, compete all
> > you want, and have fun :)

Of course. You are exactly right.

> > I suppose that technically wagering on a game is illegal, so
> > don't let me hear about it.

Right. I apologize for mentioning it.

> But Chris has challenged you to some SEK stakes..... I'd like to hear
> how you plan to look the other way on YOURSELF.

Please excuse CAH's crazy talk.

Chris

> > Kevin
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 2:08:17 PM

CAH wrote:
> But Chris has challenged you to some SEK stakes..... I'd like to hear
> how you plan to look the other way on YOURSELF.

Well, funny thing is, I usually lose. So think of it as a
donation.

Kevin
July 26, 2005 10:28:48 PM

Kevin Martin wrote:
> CAH wrote:
> > But Chris has challenged you to some SEK stakes..... I'd like to hear
> > how you plan to look the other way on YOURSELF.
>
> Well, funny thing is, I usually lose. So think of it as a
> donation.
>
> Kevin

;-)
!