The U.S. players have been challenged!

The U.S. has been challenged to what is basically a "Pinball World Cup"
by the defending swedish team at PAPA8. Think of it as 3 olympic events
(Head to head, split flipper doubles, & Triples match)Pinbrawl style
with the winning country recieving a yet un-named trophy which that
country keeps until it is lost. Attached is the formal challenge and
rules. I am posting this to RGP on behalf of the swedish team. (Note:
this will not be an official PAPA sanctioned event but Kevin was nice
enough to give permission to have it happen at the PAPA building)

> > > "I was wondering if you would be interested in setting
> > > up a Sweden (yup, the reigning European Champs :) ) vs. USA challenge
> > > at PAPA 8?
> > > The rules
> > > were quite simple: 5 players in each team. Every player had to play
> > > all the players in the opposing team once. During "halftime" we
> > > played two split-flipper matches and two triples (three players, one
> > > ball each).
> > >

> > > And, I might add that 1 point were given to the team for a win. 2
> > > points for a split-flippers win and 3 points for a triples win.
> > >
> > > That would be ..ummmh.. 25 + 4 + 6 = 35 points to play for in this
> > > Sweden - USA match.
> > >
> > > And, I think it would be cool to set up some kind of tradition: every
> > > year at PAPA a US team
play the reigning European champs?!
25 answers Last reply
More about players challenged

    how you gonna pick the US team?
    oooooh, ooooh ooooooh Pick me
    l8r
    UFO

    Random number generator

    what if the random number picks one of the sweds and pretend they are
    US :) Is this special tourney going to cost anything?

    How can I possibly get on that US Team?

    KME wrote:
    > The U.S. has been challenged to what is basically a "Pinball World Cup"
    > by the defending swedish team at PAPA8. Think of it as 3 olympic events
    > (Head to head, split flipper doubles, & Triples match)Pinbrawl style
    > with the winning country recieving a yet un-named trophy which that
    > country keeps until it is lost. Attached is the formal challenge and
    > rules. I am posting this to RGP on behalf of the swedish team. (Note:
    > this will not be an official PAPA sanctioned event but Kevin was nice
    > enough to give permission to have it happen at the PAPA building)

    Roy Wils can't pretend to be Swedish, right?

    I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
    EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.

    CAH skrev:
    > KME wrote:
    > > The U.S. has been challenged to what is basically a "Pinball World Cup"
    > > by the defending swedish team at PAPA8. Think of it as 3 olympic events
    > > (Head to head, split flipper doubles, & Triples match)Pinbrawl style
    > > with the winning country recieving a yet un-named trophy which that
    > > country keeps until it is lost. Attached is the formal challenge and
    > > rules. I am posting this to RGP on behalf of the swedish team. (Note:
    > > this will not be an official PAPA sanctioned event but Kevin was nice
    > > enough to give permission to have it happen at the PAPA building)
    >
    > Roy Wils can't pretend to be Swedish, right?

    Nope, and we don't want him in the team anyway.
    Only pure Swedes in the team.
    It looks like the Swedish team will consist of:

    Stefan "FEZ" Andersson - winner of Stockholm Open
    http://www.pinballhighscores.org/presentation.php?user_name=FEZ

    Jörgen "IFK" Holm - Winner of Swedish championship, runner up in
    Stockholm Open and part of the Swedish European Championship team.
    http://www.pinballhighscores.org/presentation.php?user_name=Ankibagger

    Mats "MCR" Runsten - part of Swedish European Championship team, 9th in
    PAPA-04, 3th in last Swedish championship
    http://www.pinballhighscores.org/presentation.php?user_name=MCR

    Fredrik "F L" Lindberg - Winner of Stockholm Open 04

    Karl "KGB" Broström - Runner up in Swedish Championship, 4th in PAPA 6
    World Championship Division Finals and 6th in the B-finals the same
    year.

    > I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
    > EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.

    lol, yes Fredrik will join the 10 or so Swedes that will come over this
    year.
    We hope we will get to keep our luggage so we don't get to wear the
    same smelly clothes for the entire tournament this year :-)

    > > play the reigning European champs?!

    > Roy Wils can't pretend to be Swedish, right?

    No, but last year two swedes got just as far as Roy. And Roy will be
    there for the main tournament.

    > I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
    > EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.

    He will be there, but I don't know if he will be in the Swedish team.

    Swedes that so far have confirmed PAPA participation this year:

    APB - Per Holknekt
    EPC Classics 2005: 1st
    Danish Championships 2004: 2nd

    DAN - Daniel Borg

    FEZ - Stefan Andersson
    Stockholm Open 2005: 1st
    Stockholm Open 2004: 3rd

    F L - Fredrik Lindberg
    Swedish Championships 1996: 2nd
    Stockholm Open 2005: 3rd
    Stockholm Open 2004: 1st

    IFK - Jörgen Holm
    EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
    Swedish Championships 2004: 1st
    Swedish Championships 2003: 4th
    Danish Championships 2004: 4th
    Stockholm Open 2005: 2nd

    KGB - Karl Broström
    PAPA 1996: 4th
    EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
    Dutch Pinball Open 2004: 4th
    Swedish Championships 2004: 2nd
    Swedish Championships 2003: 3rd

    MCR - Mats Runsten
    PAPA 2004: 9th (tie)
    EPC 2005: 5th (tie)
    EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
    Swedish Championships 2004: 3rd
    Swedish Championships 1996: 3rd
    Danish Championships 2004: 3rd
    Stockholm Open 2004: 2nd

    PAL - Patrik Bodin
    PAPA 2004: 9th (tie)
    Danish Championships 2004: 1st
    Stockholm Open 2004: 4th

    PET - Peter Ahremark

    SVE - Svante Eriksson

    YOO - Helena Walter
    Dutch Pinball Open Women 2003: 4th
    Swedish Championships 2004: Best female
    Swedish Championships 2003: Best female
    Stockholm Open 2005: Best female

    > Roy Wils can't pretend to be Swedish, right?

    No, but last year two swedes got just as far as Roy. And Roy will be
    there for the main tournament.

    > I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
    > EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.

    He will be there, but I don't know if he will be in the Swedish team.

    Swedes that so far have confirmed PAPA participation this year:

    APB - Per Holknekt
    EPC Classics 2005: 1st
    Danish Championships 2004: 2nd

    DAN - Daniel Borg

    FEZ - Stefan Andersson
    Stockholm Open 2005: 1st
    Stockholm Open 2004: 3rd

    F L - Fredrik Lindberg
    Swedish Championships 1996: 2nd
    Stockholm Open 2005: 3rd
    Stockholm Open 2004: 1st

    IFK - Jörgen Holm
    EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
    Swedish Championships 2004: 1st
    Swedish Championships 2003: 4th
    Danish Championships 2004: 4th
    Stockholm Open 2005: 2nd

    KGB - Karl Broström
    PAPA 1996: 4th
    EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
    Dutch Pinball Open 2004: 4th
    Swedish Championships 2004: 2nd
    Swedish Championships 2003: 3rd

    MCR - Mats Runsten
    PAPA 2004: 9th (tie)
    EPC 2005: 5th (tie)
    EPC Country Teams 2005: 1st
    Swedish Championships 2004: 3rd
    Swedish Championships 1996: 3rd
    Danish Championships 2004: 3rd
    Stockholm Open 2004: 2nd

    PAL - Patrik Bodin
    PAPA 2004: 9th (tie)
    Danish Championships 2004: 1st
    Stockholm Open 2004: 4th

    PET - Peter Ahremark

    SVE - Svante Eriksson

    YOO - Helena Walter
    Dutch Pinball Open Women 2003: 4th
    Swedish Championships 2004: Best female
    Swedish Championships 2003: Best female
    Stockholm Open 2005: Best female

    Well, I will be available for the country showdown and cash games. I
    even have some SEK left. I better hope for the random generator,
    because I don't think I would make the top 5.

    Chris

    CAH wrote:

    I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
    EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.

    My Man Chris how ya doin :)

    nice to see you here on RGP
    i hope you will have an exiting time over there at CAX.

    they wrote :

    'Roy Wils can't pretend to be Swedish, right?'

    NO i WON't Pretend to be swedish.. i'm proud of where i've been born
    and they will regret to leave me hanging in the wild,
    because i'm also planning to setup a nice DUTCH Pinball team as Well,.
    if they don't accept me in the team.

    i hope there is place for another 'dutch' team :) we do like this we
    throw some cash into it,. make it fun and exciting.
    and then let's see whois the best Team of the World.

    and about the Swedish Team. i respect those guys. great players.and yes
    they came far in the individual tournament @ EPC but not as far as i
    did go over there on their own. :P

    i have also some statistics as well.

    Roy Wils 25 Years old
    playing pinball
    allready at the time that i only could see the playfield on a
    chair(5yrs
    )

    Dutch Pinball Championships
    2002 '4th Place'
    2004 '2th Place
    European Championships
    2005 'first place'
    German Pinball Championships
    2003 '2th place'
    2005 '2th place'
    Belgium Pinball Championships
    2004 '3th place
    Nijmeegse Pinball Championships (local event)
    2003 'first place'
    Pinburgh
    2003 '12th place'
    PAPA 7
    2004 maded through the though qualifications, and ended up '11th place'

    PAPA will be the Dominating place of Pinball..

    Love to be there. it will be exciting that's for sure

    Tha Dutch *Tommy* 'European Champion' CyBeRRoy

    LeaveManyCredits schreef:
    > Well, I will be available for the country showdown and cash games. I
    > even have some SEK left. I better hope for the random generator,
    > because I don't think I would make the top 5.
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > CAH wrote:
    >
    > I hope Fredrik "EuroShatz" Lindberg shows up. I would love to see CLN
    > EuroShatzed again, like at Stockholm.

    What, no Mad Max?

    >Well, I will be available for the country showdown and cash games. I
    >even have some SEK left. I better hope for the random generator,
    >because I don't think I would make the top 5.

    >Chris

    Actually the Swedish team has picked who they want to play and in no
    particular order:

    Lyman, Bowen, KME, Neil "Bulldog" Shatz & Jim Belsito. 1st alternate:
    Paul Madison.

    Lyman & Bowen are questionable due to possible schedule conflicts so
    that may leave a spot open for ya Chris :)

    I'm up for the foriegn currency games.
    Current conversion rate:

    1 SEK = 14.2757 JPY 1 JPY = 0.0700491 SEK

    Roy, good to see the European Champion posting on RGP. :) I am looking
    forward to seeing you in a few days.

    KME, the Swedes have chosen the very best. If they defeat y'all it
    will be well deserved. I will cheerlead from the sidelines. :)

    Chris

    Kevin Martin wrote:
    > LeaveManyCredits wrote:
    > > Well, I will be available for the country showdown and cash games. I
    > > even have some SEK left. I better hope for the random generator,
    > > because I don't think I would make the top 5.
    >
    > I think I cashed in my SEK, but I'll play you some Yen against
    > SEK if we get a chance ;)

    You had any SEK left? I thought you got cleaned out....

    > Kevin

    'Wrote'

    Roy, good to see the European Champion posting on RGP. :) I am looking

    forward to seeing you in a few days.

    KME, the Swedes have chosen the very best. If they defeat y'all it
    will be well deserved. I will cheerlead from the sidelines. :)

    Chris

    ---------------------

    Well Chris,.

    if i had the option to take you in my 'still needs to be established'
    team.i would bet for you. and take you in.
    You are an terrific Good Player. Chris.

    Maybe there is an other option for you 'and other US players' Chris.
    because besides the 'mighty 5' which are allready preselected.

    maybe there should also be an opening to make a SECOND Usa Team.
    that should be more fair and fun in my opinion. will be much nicer.
    increases the pricepool too :)

    but do we have the time for it over there?
    and who will be in charge to run the tournament?
    kevin? maybe it can run simultaneous at PAPA?

    or do we have to run it by our own?

    anyway what it will be.. it's nice to think about this. and makes PAPA
    more fun then it allready is :)

    PS Last Note..

    Chris i hope that you will get some nice results @ CAX about ín 2
    weeks. will speak at ya in person in 18 days.. till then man.

    Tha Dutch *Tommy* E'C CyBeRRoy

    *Tommy*CyBeRRoy wrote:
    > 'Wrote'
    >
    > Roy, good to see the European Champion posting on RGP. :) I am looking
    >
    > forward to seeing you in a few days.
    >

    > KME, the Swedes have chosen the very best. If they defeat y'all it
    > will be well deserved. I will cheerlead from the sidelines. :)
    >

    > Chris
    >
    > ---------------------
    >
    > Well Chris,.
    >
    > if i had the option to take you in my 'still needs to be established'
    > team.i would bet for you. and take you in.
    > You are an terrific Good Player. Chris.
    >
    > Maybe there is an other option for you 'and other US players' Chris.
    > because besides the 'mighty 5' which are allready preselected.
    >
    > maybe there should also be an opening to make a SECOND Usa Team.
    > that should be more fair and fun in my opinion. will be much nicer.
    > increases the pricepool too :)
    >
    > but do we have the time for it over there?
    > and who will be in charge to run the tournament?
    > kevin? maybe it can run simultaneous at PAPA?

    Just run it as a side tournament. We did this at Fairfax Pinball Open
    with some success. You may need K-Mart's permission to run a side
    tournament on his property, I'm not sure.

    I would assume we would just pick "the best" of his non-tournament
    games, either by player challenge or by lot.

    I'll do the organizing myself if anyone wants, I could use the excuse
    to watch the best in action (and the ULTIMATE grudge match, Shatz vs.
    EuroShatz).

    > or do we have to run it by our own?
    >
    > anyway what it will be.. it's nice to think about this. and makes PAPA
    > more fun then it allready is :)
    >
    > PS Last Note..
    >
    > Chris i hope that you will get some nice results @ CAX about ín 2
    > weeks. will speak at ya in person in 18 days.. till then man.
    >
    > Tha Dutch *Tommy* E'C CyBeRRoy

    i hope no Mad Max either.. this Year

    it's nice to get some cops attention for our sight,. but seriously

    this men likes to abuse 'good' people..

    what can i further say about him.. he used to be an nice person in the
    older days.

    the cause of it should be Weed, because it CAN cause some serious
    braindamage if been used in the long term period.

    the results of it was been seeing @ last papa. also at EPC.
    where almost a fight came at the desk with 1 of the gentlemens behind
    it.

    let's hope max will be not around the PAPA HQ this Year..

    Mad Max was dutch, not Swede. The Dutch were Mad Max, sibling boy, the
    strange guy in pony tail and so on.

    The Swedes on the other hand were the foul-smelling pigs that seemed to
    never change their clothes during the whole week-end. Partially because
    we lost all our luggage on the flight over the pond and partially
    because we're foul-smelling pigs :-P

    See ya all there.
    Svante

    CAH wrote:
    >>and who will be in charge to run the tournament?
    >>kevin? maybe it can run simultaneous at PAPA?
    >
    > Just run it as a side tournament. We did this at Fairfax Pinball Open
    > with some success. You may need K-Mart's permission to run a side
    > tournament on his property, I'm not sure.

    You know what they say... "It's More Fun To Compete". As long
    as no one is gambling on the premises, or breaking any laws or
    the rules laid out on the PAPA site, by all means, compete all
    you want, and have fun :)

    I suppose that technically wagering on a game is illegal, so
    don't let me hear about it.

    Kevin

    CAH wrote:
    > You had any SEK left? I thought you got cleaned out....

    OK, you're right, I spent most of it on drinks and
    pinball. The rest, I wasted!

    Kevin

    Kevin Martin wrote:
    > CAH wrote:
    > >>and who will be in charge to run the tournament?
    > >>kevin? maybe it can run simultaneous at PAPA?
    > >
    > > Just run it as a side tournament. We did this at Fairfax Pinball Open
    > > with some success. You may need K-Mart's permission to run a side
    > > tournament on his property, I'm not sure.
    >
    > You know what they say... "It's More Fun To Compete". As long
    > as no one is gambling on the premises, or breaking any laws or
    > the rules laid out on the PAPA site, by all means, compete all
    > you want, and have fun :)
    >
    > I suppose that technically wagering on a game is illegal, so
    > don't let me hear about it.

    But Chris has challenged you to some SEK stakes..... I'd like to hear
    how you plan to look the other way on YOURSELF.

    CAH wrote:
    > Kevin Martin wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Just run it as a side tournament. We did this at Fairfax Pinball Open
    > > > with some success. You may need K-Mart's permission to run a side
    > > > tournament on his property, I'm not sure.
    > >
    > > You know what they say... "It's More Fun To Compete". As long
    > > as no one is gambling on the premises, or breaking any laws or
    > > the rules laid out on the PAPA site, by all means, compete all
    > > you want, and have fun :)

    Of course. You are exactly right.

    > > I suppose that technically wagering on a game is illegal, so
    > > don't let me hear about it.

    Right. I apologize for mentioning it.

    > But Chris has challenged you to some SEK stakes..... I'd like to hear
    > how you plan to look the other way on YOURSELF.

    Please excuse CAH's crazy talk.

    Chris

    CAH wrote:
    > But Chris has challenged you to some SEK stakes..... I'd like to hear
    > how you plan to look the other way on YOURSELF.

    Well, funny thing is, I usually lose. So think of it as a
    donation.

    Kevin

    Kevin Martin wrote:
    > CAH wrote:
    > > But Chris has challenged you to some SEK stakes..... I'd like to hear
    > > how you plan to look the other way on YOURSELF.
    >
    > Well, funny thing is, I usually lose. So think of it as a
    > donation.
    >
    > Kevin

    ;-)

Video Games