Hi, i want to share a broadband internet connection between 2 computers. One
is aready connected.

what is the cheapest way to share the internet connection?

RC

Pinto1uk wrote:
> Hi, i want to share a broadband internet connection between 2 computers. One
> is aready connected.
>
> what is the cheapest way to share the internet connection?

Cheap is not the best way. Buy a router, it is a good investment.
Wireless router is even better if one of your PC is laptop.
May be cost you $140 or more USD.

Gordon

"Pinto1uk" <Pinto1uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, i want to share a broadband internet connection between 2
> computers. One is aready connected.
>
> what is the cheapest way to share the internet connection?

If each machine already has an NIC in it, the /cheapest/ way is via a
cross-over nerwork cable.
(That's not neccesarily the /best/ way though....)

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

The cheapest way is using a simple hub ($5~$10 on eBay) and configure one of
the machine NICs with Internet Connection Sharing. The best way is to go buy
a cheap router at a computer store (Best Buy has them for $40) or eBay
(probably for $10~$40) and plug both machines into the router. The router
acts as gateway/connection sharing devoce. In addition, most routers provide
some basic firewall protection as well.

I'd go with the router, even Wal-Mart has them on the shelf these days. $39

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!