Sharing an Internet Connection

Hi, i want to share a broadband internet connection between 2 computers. One
is aready connected.

what is the cheapest way to share the internet connection?
4 answers Last reply
More about sharing internet connection

    Pinto1uk wrote:
    > Hi, i want to share a broadband internet connection between 2 computers. One
    > is aready connected.
    >
    > what is the cheapest way to share the internet connection?

    Cheap is not the best way. Buy a router, it is a good investment.
    Wireless router is even better if one of your PC is laptop.
    May be cost you $140 or more USD.

    "Pinto1uk" <Pinto1uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, i want to share a broadband internet connection between 2
    > computers. One is aready connected.
    >
    > what is the cheapest way to share the internet connection?

    If each machine already has an NIC in it, the /cheapest/ way is via a
    cross-over nerwork cable.
    (That's not neccesarily the /best/ way though....)

    The cheapest way is using a simple hub ($5~$10 on eBay) and configure one of
    the machine NICs with Internet Connection Sharing. The best way is to go buy
    a cheap router at a computer store (Best Buy has them for $40) or eBay
    (probably for $10~$40) and plug both machines into the router. The router
    acts as gateway/connection sharing devoce. In addition, most routers provide
    some basic firewall protection as well.

    I'd go with the router, even Wal-Mart has them on the shelf these days. $39

    --
    A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
    > The cheapest way is using a simple hub ($5~$10 on eBay) and configure one
    > of
    > the machine NICs with Internet Connection Sharing. The best way is to go
    > buy
    > a cheap router at a computer store (Best Buy has them for $40) or eBay
    > (probably for $10~$40) and plug both machines into the router. The router
    > acts as gateway/connection sharing devoce. In addition, most routers
    > provide
    > some basic firewall protection as well.

Broadband Microsoft Internet Connection Windows XP