having problems with my Comp Plz help

Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
Ok I have been running my computer for almost a year now but I have just recently run into some problems that I think might be hardware. I just recently did a Fresh install of windows 2000 and started to do some benchmarking to start doing some overclocking tests (I have done this before with my computer when I first got it and its Winter again so its cool in my apparntment so I wanted to do it again) Now the first problem that I started to see was that when ever I overclocked it, it chrashed on me. I never had this problem before when I overclocked it last winter (I tryed to push my computer from a 2400 to a 2800 last winter and it worked just fine now I cant even push it to a 2600) I then started to do some more benchmarking and found out that I was only getting 10000 on 3dmark 2001 SE. I it is also lagging all across the internet when I see other people with slower connection then me get around the web alot faster. Now I know this might be software but I don't know where to start looking to fix all of these problems that Im am having with my computer.

Computer Spects-

2400 athlon XP
Vocano 7+ Fan
A7n8x Delux
256 x2 PC 2700 (Brand OC)
R 9700 Pro

Any help would be useful

-------------------------------------------------
Remember what your fighting for, Remember why you even started fighting, and Remember who you are

bronibbear

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2001
Be careful of Microsoft's older versions of windows. I have found that windows ME and 2000 seem to become degraded rather than enhanced by their updates. This could be that Microsoft is deliberately sabotaging these versions so you buy WinXP or (more likely) just don't care and are writing half hearted updates with severe bugs in them. What ever the case my experience with Win2000 is that it's an excellent OS up to service pack 2 then seems to become very sluggish after installing any higher than this. Also download the latest spyware programs available and run them regularly as slow internet speed is often the symptom of excessive spam build up these days.

Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
I don't think its a problem with my OS as before I did a fresh install I had windows 2000 and was gettting like 13500 on 3dmark 20001 SE and now I am only getting around 10000. Thats to much of a drop for it to be just the OS unless I was the one that messed it up. I also have all the updated drivers for my Vcard and everything seems to be running up to speed I made sure my card was still running at its normal speeds with Powerstrip and its running right. I also checked my CPU with WCPUID and its running at just under 2ghz which is the speed it should be running. From what I can find it doesn't look like a hardware thing but it might be and I was wondering if anyone knows of a way I can do that with out having to fresh install my OS. And if it isn't a hardware problem what can I do to fix it.

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------
Remember what your fighting for, Remember why you even started fighting, and Remember who you are

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'd check your voltages. It sounds like the power supply might not be happy anymore. It might even just be dust. Have you taken a can of compressed dry air and blown everything out of your power supply and all other PC hardware (especially the RAM if it doesn't have a heatspreader) lately?

<pre><A HREF="http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20030905" target="_new"><font color=black>People don't understand how hard being a dark god can be. - Hastur</font color=black></A></pre><p>