Can not open ZIP files from web page- must save first

When I click a zip file on a web page and choose Open, it downloads as
normal then WinZip opens but is blank. If I save the file first then choose
Open, it works OK. What could be wrong?

WinXP SP2

--

+-- Julian

Uninstall and re-install WinZip. You seem to have a problem with the WinZip
plug-in.

"Julian Milano" <jdmils@datafast.net.au> wrote in message
> When I click a zip file on a web page and choose Open, it downloads as
> normal then WinZip opens but is blank. If I save the file first then
> choose Open, it works OK. What could be wrong?
>
> WinXP SP2
>
> --
> |
> +-- Julian

Nigel

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002

sounds like some thing to do with sp2, sounds like the file is being cleared
after download or some sort of security issue.
Check google on this one.