Help, i picked up a bug!!!!

Donald92382

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Help, it wants me to buy there program "system progessive protection" i tried everything but cant get rid of it. can any one help?

Hi :)

If you want to give advice...try good advice...

I fix viruses EVERY day in the computer shops I own and the thought that the 3 "A"s as we call them when we see badly infected machines... your "Avira, Avast, AVG" being able to cure anything is laughable....

We get infected machines in my shops with those 3 on AND viruses ...EVERY day...

All the best Brett :)

cbrunnem

Distinguished

i wonder if you sell anything but norton.... hmmmm one of the reason you shouldnt tell people you own a store. you can become less creditable unfortunately.

tr2012

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

Couldn't agree more

That`s in YOUR opinion.... I sell NOTHING HERE to anyone, nobody apart from the Moderators know where my shops are.... thats to stay unbiased with my advice....

So I have no interest in selling Norton to anyone here....but you are correct in one thing.... we ONLY sell Norton in my shops, for one very good reason, its the best by far, we also recommend if customers cannot afford Norton that they use MSE and Malwarebytes (the free versions)

you'd be how surprised how much norton changed it image over the years. I admit, I had norton back in 2004 where it was slugish and used up a lot of system resources. Today, its one of the top, if not top all around antivirus and security softwares currently on the market.

I can vouch for Symantec as well. From 2004 to 2008, their Norton product line absolutely sucked. Starting in 2009, they really started to clean up the product. It got faster itself, it didn't bog down the system it was installed on, and malware detection and removal was among the best. Those 5 years where it sucked though really hurt their image.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

i guess i fell victim to norton improving their product. went away from it long ago for the very reasons people mentioned and never needed to go back. my bad!

As we seem to be praising Norton...lol

The new Norton Mobile Security for Android is brilliant... (and I don't sell it lol)

Locate your phone, lock it remotely, wipe it remotely...

Also its got a call and sms blocker.... so i can block all those stupid calls and texts about ppi sales etc....

A bit expensive though at £30 per phone...

tr2012

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Most Android AV apps do that, some for free. In fact I can wipe my Android phone remotely from Microsoft Exchange and Samsung Andorid phones can block texts and calls right in the OS, so it's hardly anything special.

Donald92382

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Thanks for all the help guys. It wouldn't let me run Microsoft Security Essentials but after i ran Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (64-Bit) i could run MS Security Essentials and it found the bug. THANKS Guys.

TRENDING THREADS