Sign in with
Your question

Hp f2235 community I have a stain on scanned doccuments which is not present whe

Last response: in Windows 7
November 12, 2012 9:51:00 PM

hp f2235 community - Hello, I have an irregular stain in th middle of scanned doccuments which is not present when I just copy. I have tried cleaning the All in One but it is still present. I also downloaded the 'Doctor' but it found no problems. nt ideas, please? ROY
November 12, 2012 10:04:39 PM

Contact HP, this is not a windows 7 problem.
You have also posted in the wrong forum section.
Most likely a warped scanner eye or a warped glass, if no stain on lid.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2012 10:17:04 PM

is it an irregular stain or a water mark ? some printers let you put a water mark on documents. you need to search the printers control panel/settings to see if that's what it's doing. my old HP was like that.
m
l
November 13, 2012 12:28:11 AM

Thanks Cyberat_88. I couldn't see any other forum section, but then, I am new to his site - so apologies. I've tried all the HP sites and forums and they only address lines on the scanner and other things, not an irregular 'stain'. It's definately in the scanner because when I scan a blank sheet of paper, it scans and prints the 'stain'. From what you say, I suppose I will have to try to find a Printer Repairer - not easy for an Aussie in the wooly wilds of Indonesia! Thanks for you input, anyway. I appreciate it.

Thank you, too, swifty_morgan. Definitely not a watermark - more like a blotch.

ROY
m
l
November 20, 2012 4:45:01 PM

Damn, Aussie in Indonesia.... aren't printers cheaper to buy there than to fix the HP ???
You're Welcome.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 20, 2012 4:52:40 PM

If the 'blotch' is always in the same place (and the same shape) then it has to be on the glass as that's the only thing that doesn't move. If it were in the optics it would create a band. Remove the glass and clean both sides thoroughly.
m
l
November 20, 2012 5:27:06 PM

Submarine & Targets, funny but a good one, makes you think.
m
l
November 29, 2012 11:19:24 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
If the 'blotch' is always in the same place (and the same shape) then it has to be on the glass as that's the only thing that doesn't move. If it were in the optics it would create a band. Remove the glass and clean both sides thoroughly.

Thank you, Bubblehead.... I'll attempt removing the glass to check underneath and report back.
m
l
!