Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Reset to factory settings?

Last response: in Windows 7
November 12, 2012 9:49:58 PM

Well I want to completely reset all my laptop, just like if I just bought it. The thing is I don't have a installation disk so what do I do? Do I like need to go get a like windows 7 .iso? Or waht? Pleae help!

More about : reset factory settings

a c 249 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2012 10:00:39 PM

Hi :) 

Most laptops have a built in recovery system....use that...

All the best Brett :) 
Score
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2012 10:17:45 PM

Try to use options during boot. There is a key that can be pressed during boot (it varies among different vendors) that can launch the recovery.
Alternatively, you could contact the support section of the manufacturer for a copy of the system disk. They provide that for a fee, some of them for free.
Score
Related resources
November 12, 2012 10:25:29 PM

I tried everything! I went into the recovery thingy but i can only restore it to like last week, i got my laptop for like 1 year! But now i found somthing, im asking if this would work. If i downalod Win7 proffessional 64 bit from this http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-of... then put it on a flash drive, would it work just like if i had an installation disk?!?!?!?!?
Score

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2012 10:38:27 PM

gummybear_qc said:
I tried everything! I went into the recovery thingy but i can only restore it to like last week

Not windows recovery... you want your manufacturers recovery tool.. Usually a key you press as the machine is booting... which initiates the option.
They dont make it too easy to find - or muppets would be wiping their machines by mistake.
Whats the make and model o fyour laptop?

Cheers
November 12, 2012 10:48:17 PM

yoji said:
Not windows recovery... you want your manufacturers recovery tool.. Usually a key you press as the machine is booting... which initiates the option.
They dont make it too easy to find - or muppets would be wiping their machines by mistake.

Cheers

Its an Inspiron N5110
Score
November 12, 2012 10:54:34 PM

Best answer selected by Gummybear_Qc.
Score
November 12, 2012 10:55:27 PM

yoji said:

Cheers

Wow dumb me? I found it, its Dell DataSafe local backup - i tought it was only for backing up, not restoring LOL

Ok well I cant believe its this easy, i contacted dell tech to ask but they told itl cost a fee, so i said *** it, i searched all google and couldnt find, oh well thanks!
Score
a b D Laptop
a c 401 $ Windows 7
November 12, 2012 11:20:17 PM

This topic has been closed by SR-71 Blackbird
Score
!