Closed Solved

Reset to factory settings?

Well I want to completely reset all my laptop, just like if I just bought it. The thing is I don't have a installation disk so what do I do? Do I like need to go get a like windows 7 .iso? Or waht? Pleae help!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about reset factory settings
  1. Hi :)

Most laptops have a built in recovery system....use that...

All the best Brett :)
  2. Try to use options during boot. There is a key that can be pressed during boot (it varies among different vendors) that can launch the recovery.
    Alternatively, you could contact the support section of the manufacturer for a copy of the system disk. They provide that for a fee, some of them for free.
  3. I tried everything! I went into the recovery thingy but i can only restore it to like last week, i got my laptop for like 1 year! But now i found somthing, im asking if this would work. If i downalod Win7 proffessional 64 bit from this http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/ then put it on a flash drive, would it work just like if i had an installation disk?!?!?!?!?
  4. Best answer
    gummybear_qc said:
    I tried everything! I went into the recovery thingy but i can only restore it to like last week

Not windows recovery... you want your manufacturers recovery tool.. Usually a key you press as the machine is booting... which initiates the option.
    They dont make it too easy to find - or muppets would be wiping their machines by mistake.
    Whats the make and model o fyour laptop?

Cheers
  5. yoji said:
    Not windows recovery... you want your manufacturers recovery tool.. Usually a key you press as the machine is booting... which initiates the option.
    They dont make it too easy to find - or muppets would be wiping their machines by mistake.

Cheers

Its an Inspiron N5110
  6. Best answer selected by Gummybear_Qc.
  7. yoji said:

Cheers

Wow dumb me? I found it, its Dell DataSafe local backup - i tought it was only for backing up, not restoring LOL

Ok well I cant believe its this easy, i contacted dell tech to ask but they told itl cost a fee, so i said *** it, i searched all google and couldnt find, oh well thanks!
  8. This topic has been closed by SR-71 Blackbird
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Laptops Factory Restore Windows 7