Maverick Questions

Hello--

Going through and cleaning a Maverick game, and had some questions that
hopefully someone will know.

1) What's the best way to remove the paddlewheel? I just want to take
it off to clean it, but I'm not sure if there's an easy way. It looks
like I could pull the clip on the end of the wheel, but I still don't
think that alone would allow me to remove it.

2) Why are two drop targets thicker than all the others? Is it
because of the upper flipper?

3) Why is there a target under the steamboat? Is that just a design
mistake when they went from wide to normal body?

Thanks a bunch!

Aaron

taylor34 wrote:
> Hello--
>
> Going through and cleaning a Maverick game, and had some questions that
> hopefully someone will know.
>
> 1) What's the best way to remove the paddlewheel? I just want to take
> it off to clean it, but I'm not sure if there's an easy way. It looks
> like I could pull the clip on the end of the wheel, but I still don't
> think that alone would allow me to remove it.

I don't think you can remove the wheel with the assembly still mounted
in the machine. Take the whole assembly out from the bottom of the
playfield, then you can easily pull the clip and get the paddle wheel
off. I find that cleaning things like this are best done in the
kitchen sink with Scrubbing Bubbles and a soft brush. Lots of ridges
on that wheel and that technique will work great.

> 2) Why are two drop targets thicker than all the others? Is it
> because of the upper flipper?

The 2 targets are thicker because they are "rollover targets" after
they fall down, the ball needs to be able to roll over the top of them
to strike the captive ball behind them. This relates to your third
question as well. See below.

> 3) Why is there a target under the steamboat? Is that just a design
> mistake when they went from wide to normal body?

There is a target there that gets struck by a captive ball under the
steam boat. Sounds like your game may be missing the captive ball.