Closed

Introduction

HI All,

I have posted a few questions for the group and have gotten many
helpful response, so I decided it might be time to introduce myself and
maybe get in on a few a few of the topics.
My name is Rian, I am currently living in the UK with my 9 pins and
will soon be moving to Germany. I distinctly remember the first game I
fell in love with; 1988s Cyclone. I was 14 when I went to the
Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, CA with my family. After riding all the rides
I happened by the arcade with a few $$ in my pocket. I figured I would
play a few vids and then head back. Long story short, I found a
cyclone not being used and $15 later it was time to go home. It seemed
like I was playing that game for hours! I didn't know that you could
buy them at the time so my attention to pins faltered until I got out
of basic training. Then I happened to find an AFM in one of the bars
on base and the rest is history! I bought my first game in 2001
(Jungle Lord) and quickly followed that with 2 more. While looking up
parts and such on the internet I found RGP and have been lurking
(mostly)ever since.
I hope that I will get to meet most of you at some point (expo 2006?)
as you all seem to be fairly friendly.

Thanks for reading; have a great day

Rian
2 answers Last reply
More about introduction

    Welcome to the group :)
    And if you pass through Belgium come over and say hi here in Antwerp :)

    Aeneas.
    -- http://www.flippers.be

    With your formal introduction, you are now officially and/or
    unofficially recognized here on this group....but then again, what do
    I know and just who do I think I am that I can post such non-sense!

    Seriously though................Welcome to the addiction! Your's
    seems to have developed nicely!

    Lightning Notes

    On 25 Jul 2005 03:37:25 -0700, "Tony the Squid"
    <rianlawrence@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >HI All,
    >
    >I have posted a few questions for the group and have gotten many
    >helpful response, so I decided it might be time to introduce myself and
    >maybe get in on a few a few of the topics.
    >My name is Rian, I am currently living in the UK with my 9 pins and
    >will soon be moving to Germany. I distinctly remember the first game I
    >fell in love with; 1988s Cyclone. I was 14 when I went to the
    >Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, CA with my family. After riding all the rides
    >I happened by the arcade with a few $$ in my pocket. I figured I would
    >play a few vids and then head back. Long story short, I found a
    >cyclone not being used and $15 later it was time to go home. It seemed
    >like I was playing that game for hours! I didn't know that you could
    >buy them at the time so my attention to pins faltered until I got out
    >of basic training. Then I happened to find an AFM in one of the bars
    >on base and the rest is history! I bought my first game in 2001
    >(Jungle Lord) and quickly followed that with 2 more. While looking up
    >parts and such on the internet I found RGP and have been lurking
    >(mostly)ever since.
    >I hope that I will get to meet most of you at some point (expo 2006?)
    >as you all seem to be fairly friendly.
    >
    >Thanks for reading; have a great day
    >
    >Rian

Video Games